Brake Pad Suppliers

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

My pads are all up for renewal soon
Anyone any recommendations as an alternative supplier to the dealer, or are they actually reasonable?
Performance brake system on mine
Prefer low dust but near oem spec.
Not interested in budget brakes or any 'fast road' badged claims not track focussed

Thanks
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

Nick

Post by Nick »

Be interested also
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Bit of a bump - any answer to this?
IRR V8R
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Well in the absence of anything to the contrary I sourced genuine from Ebay at a good discount to dealer price
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Thanks
Would these be the TRW pads?
IRR V8R
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I just did my rears and found ebay a bit lacking in proper photos.

Also tried the place linked below but, even with the discount being offered, once you'd added the VAT and postage there was only £15 in it to get them from the dealer, so to protect any potential warranty claim I did that.

Good job too as, when asked if I needed a new wear sensor I said no, it just came on so is obviously working - didn't realise they were sacrificial!

So that was worth the advice - only thing is the new one won't extinguish the warning light. I've had the wheel off to check the connections again and all firm and good - so may have to take it back for a replacement, as I'm pretty sure there's no reset procedure necessary.

At least the EPB Maintenance mode is pretty neat and easy to switch - although those rear wheels take a bit of manoevering into place.

http://www.xjkltd.co.uk/

Nick good luck with the carbon ceramic brake pads - ouch!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Uli

Post by Uli »

I had positive experience when I had my F-Type R with EBC119121 Redstuff - good performance and low dust.
F-Type SVR, My 18, black (what else;), Carbon Ceramics, ...
Davidb

Post by Davidb »

I got a full set of Brembo pads (front and rear) from www.autodoc.de for £232.00 delivered. It took a week to get them but I was quoted about £800.00 by my dealer - admittedly that’s a fitted price but I think I can get them fitted for a bit less than £600.00.

That price included wear sensors.

Forgot to say - mine is an R with the standard brakes.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Looking on the fixed price servicing, main dealers price seems to be £375 for front pads (with sensors).

I’ll certainly look to get them done by my local garage.
Assume as long as OE parts are used there’s no warranty issues? (How would they know..?)
IRR V8R
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Davidb wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:33 am I got a full set of Brembo pads (front and rear) from www.autodoc.de for £232.00 delivered. It took a week to get them but I was quoted about £800.00 by my dealer - admittedly that’s a fitted price but I think I can get them fitted for a bit less than £600.00.

That price included wear sensors.

Forgot to say - mine is an R with the standard brakes.
Looking at that website, there seems to be a few sizes for the same car?
IRR V8R

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post