Best roads in Europe, reachable in 7 days from Stockholm

Anything F-Type related......
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Hey guys,

I'm trying to plan a road trip for this summer down in Europe, and I'm looking for some good roads to drive and/ or sights to see. I would really appreciate some help/ guidance in finding the best roads for my R Coupe!

I have managed to negotiate 8 days away from wife and kids in July, where the last day will be spent at a wedding on my way back (plan on being away July 7-15, wedding on the 14th) so I really have 7 days at my disposal.

So far I'm thinking Stockholm -> Autobahn -> Stelvio Pass -> Saint Moritz -> Verbier -> Chamonix, Route D926, Route D526 -> Éperney (need 2 days in Champagne - can't come back empty-handed!) -> Skåne/ wedding -> Back to Stockholm.

This would put emphasis on the Alps in Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France. What do you think? How do I get better leverage from a road trip like this? Any experiences to share?

Cheers,

Jonas

Itinerary 3.png

Shunt

Post by Shunt »

See the attached loop of Alps we did last summer on 2 wheels though. We had the bikes shipped to Geneva. Some great roads and nice places to stop overnight.

IMG-20170106-WA0001-20170106-185932306.jpg

Amethyst Black V8S
Estoril M135i
Red BMW S1000R
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

My route for 2018 is here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2258
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Shunt

Post by Shunt »

Looks like you've done some similar routes to our annual boys bike trip, last year was a bit wet on a couple of days which sort of takes the fun away on a bike. We did Stelvio the year before, to be honest it was probably the worst Col of them all, the surface is dreadfully rippled and way to many motorhomes to have any real fun.

However this was by far my favourite, think 'The Italian Job' :http://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/fr ... rnard.html

Closely followed by the Timmelsjoch, which runs out of the Hochgurgl Ski resort over to Italy, stunning: http://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/au ... ria-2.html

I cannot wait for this years trip in June, bikes shipped to Toulouse and we're off for 7 days in Northern Spain.

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg

IMAG5014.jpg

IMAG5013.jpg

IMAG4991.jpg

IMAG4893.jpg

Amethyst Black V8S
Estoril M135i
Red BMW S1000R
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Thanks for the input guys, both look like great trips for sure!

@simpleR - won't you end up taking the Stelvio Pass downhill, or maybe I misunderstood? Maybe it doesn't matter in which direction you drive it?

I ended up having a different approach as I will meet up with a friend who's renting a car for 5 days with Ultimate Drives and a given itinerary:

https://www.ultimatedrives.net/driving- ... #Itinerary

So I'll just drive down there, meet up with him and go along the same route.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Stelvio you could miss, the nufenen and co in switz much better and the petit st bernand is also on my must do list! I also really like the roads from thonon near Geneva up towards the ski resorts behind it. And the Rosalind which I think is towards Val d isere. Happy planning :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post