I Hate SNOW. Bizzare Incident

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

You could honestly not make this up. Words cannot describe how I feel.

I got home from work at 4.30pm. Parked on the drive as I always do in front of the garage. I lived here for 10+ years. The drive is on a slope downwards but never an issue. I open the garage door, a typical up and over door, to put my work things away. Job done.

Can you guess what happens next.

At 7.30pm go outside to go in garage and smack the garage door off the lip on the bonnet. WTF!!! The garage door wont open now.

Can you guess what happens next. Bet you cant.

Go back inside. I am annoyed. Wife comes out. I walk round to drivers side and both of us watch the f-type slide with wheels locked up into the corner of the garage brick pillar. Ouch. Luckily no one was standing between the garage and the car.

It is blowing a blizzard out, -6 and its like the ground under the car has frozen. The car has simply decided to slide down the drive. Joy.

Its made quite a mess of the car. Bent the side of garage and bent the garage door as well.

I cannot put into words how I feel. Unbelievable. Truely unbelievable.

The reason for posting this...???? Dont park your f-type on a slope in a siberian blizzard. (Auto before anyone asks). Drinking red wine now. Unsure when i will stop.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

captainham

Post by captainham »

Ouch, that's nasty, so sorry to hear...can't imagine how you feel. Gutted.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yes. Gutted. More red wine.

Will post a picture in the morning. Bonnet, grill, splitter, bumper all look bent.

Garage and garage door look repairable.
Last edited by simpleR on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

That's got to feel awful. The helplessness when watching it slide.... Sympathies.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

It doesn’t help, but I’m sure everyone reading this feels for you.
No one hurt though so try to take the positive thankful thought.
Such a bizarre thing to happen.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Very bizzare. It was unbelievable to watch. When you google it, it appears to be quite common of course!

For example.

https://www.burtonmail.co.uk/news/local ... ach-933863
davidd

Post by davidd »

ah shit so sorry.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Thats so sad. We all dont want to be you - freak accident, my sympathies..
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
OB123

Post by OB123 »

Gutted for you - but thanks very much for sharing - i park at my folks place once a week and their drive in quite slope down to the garage so I'm going to be ultra careful from now on. Hope the repairs to both garage and car are speedy
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Ouch! Really sorry to hear that😣
Weirdly I had a similar experience about 20 years ago although nothing was damged luckily.
We lived in a house with the drive and garage set up exactly like yours. One night I got home from work about 5.30 pm in atrocious ice and snow conditions, parked the car in front of the garage as usual and went indoors.
About 4 hours later there was a ring at the doorbell. 'Is that your car down there? It's been blocking the road for a couple of hours and everyone has been driving on the pavement to get round it!' Oops!!😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post