Hoping to become an F-Type owner

Anything F-Type related......
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

It’s not just the cost of pads (which I can’t help with) but also getting the discs chipped or damaged.
A mate had PCCB on his 911 and one got chipped - iirc it cost around £5k to replace.

Have a read of this - but sit down before you see the cost :lol:

viewtopic.php?t=1292&start=10
IRR V8R

Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Hmmmm... that is pretty extortionate. Surely you'd have to be very unlucky to get one of them damaged in that way? Knowing my luck......
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Unlucky yes, but they certainly look good and obviously don’t produce pad dust.
And heavy handed tyre fitters will make your arse twitch watching them remove and replacing your wheels....

But for road use the steels are more than adequate.
IRR V8R
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

In a word "stunning" which I might add applies to both cars

All the best whatever you choose.
Best Regards
Gazza
2018MY, F-Type 400 Sport Convertible RWD, Black
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
2001 Nissan Skyline R33 Twin Turbo
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Zyp wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:55 pm Unlucky yes, but they certainly look good and obviously don’t produce pad dust.
And heavy handed tyre fitters will make your arse twitch watching them remove and replacing your wheels....

But for road use the steels are more than adequate.
They do look the part - think I need to find somewhere with a good reputation for replacing tyres! I've seen some pictures of damaged alloys...ugh would drive me insane.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

gkeevash wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:58 pm In a word "stunning" which I might add applies to both cars

All the best whatever you choose.
Cheers :)

I have no responsibilities...no wife, no kids... only have myself to worry about! I have a fairly small mortgage and paying £600 a months for an F-Type over 3 years wouldn't hurt me. I am a car detailer and am really into cars... plus, you only live once!
Ian J

Post by Ian J »

Dazarooni wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:37 pm
I can get an excellent low rate for a PCP purchase with my bank rather that use Jaguars finance which has sky high rates! There can be something like £150 - £200 a month difference with my own banks rate and Jaguar's rate.
The world is divided into those that like white cars and those that don't and I'm afraid that I fall into the latter category and who'd want a white car anyway when the black one looks so stunning :D

I'm in a similar position to you and will hopefully be buying a 2/3 year old AWD car in the next few months but I'm interested to know whether Jaguar's interest rate is negotiable as 10.9% is rather high especially when accompanied by the low GFV on most F Types
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

I used Alphera finance when I bought mine from a main dealer.
5.9%

No way will I ever use dealers finance with high rates.
Last edited by Zyp on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
IRR V8R
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Dazarooni wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:39 pm
simpleR wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:37 pm Yes you get a £750 MOT voucher, from the T&C's covers most things including pads which is nice.

(and a £250 insurance voucher to go towards your excess in the event of a claim when you take out the free 7 day drive away insurance)
I'm guessing tyres aren't covered with the MOT voucher?
Its a bit vague, the opening statement is that all consumable items are not covered. But later on in the details it says pads are covered but shoes/disks etc are not. I would expect an argument at the time!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
chicb

Post by chicb »

Blackberry for me, I have seen one & when the sun hits is out it looks incredible. Carbon ceramics are brilliant. My pal has a GT3 with them, took me out, came flying down to a roundabout to the point where I thought he had not seen it & my foot was through the floor on my imaginary brake pedal then he hit the brakes laughing, my god, the retardation was unbelievable. They last forever, he has done over 60000miles still no discernable wear on either discs or pads. (check them out on the Porsche forum). If removing a wheel do not have it hanging on or hitting the disc. Make sure any tyre fitters know this. I would not be rocking up to a customers house in it or they may be querying your pricing, use your van. They will be quite impressed if your van is sparkling
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post