Paint Protection

Anything F-Type related......
grahamp

Post by grahamp »

Anyone had their car protected by http://www.paintshield.co.uk/?

Thanks
Graham

davidd

Post by davidd »

No but I had the 3m ventureshield put on by a place in cambridge.

It worked well in that it protected the paint but it always seemed a little dull and you can see the edges.

Not sure I'd do it again.
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

I did not use that company, but hear a lot of positive comments about them. I had the 3M ventureshield installed on the front of mine and you can’t tell it is there, the company who did the installation here in Belgium did an excellent job and you can see no edges. It can depend on the colour of the car and certainly who installes it. I had a full detail and paint correction on the car prior to the PPF and a triple layer ceramic coating on top of that and am very pleased with the results.
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I’m having mine done on the 1st May by

http://paintguard.co.uk/paint-protection-film/

They have just done my m4 and you can’t tell it’s been done.

They did full bonnet, bumper, wings, headlights, mirrors, screen pillars and top of rear bumper.

Will be doing the same on the Jag, but parts of the sills and rear wheel arches as well.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I'm completely contradicting what I've said in the past but I'm definitely going for PPF on our next car. The ceramic coating we have us really good but I still get paranoid and the only way to really protect the paint is PPF.

I've heard good things about Xpel.

Also if you're near London or Bristol, Topaz seem to be the best in the game for PPF installation. Just check out their Instagram to see some of the machines they protect! Hypercar galore. They always try to wrap the PPF right round the edge of the panels too.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
m_101

Post by m_101 »

As Dezzy says, I've had the whole of mine covered in PPF. Wrapped right around the edge of every panel excluding the roof. It was expensive but worth it.
16MY V8R, Ammonite Grey with full red leather interior, carbon roof, 770w stereo, few other bits.
captainham

Post by captainham »

I used Paintshield for mine. Pricey (think they all are, to be fair), but saved my paintwork on a few occasions.

Good service, am pondering using them again for my Focus RS but the thought of paying out all that money makes me feel a bit queasy (although I stand by earlier comment that I had it done on Jag...I'm merely conflicted due to cost!).

After 2.5 years, still polishes up nicely and in good condition. Some battlescars where you'd expect but that's what it's for.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

As mentioned before on previous threads wouldn't be without PPF and can't recommend the company below enough.
This is my car having the treatment done ;)

http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/jagua ... rotection/
grahamp

Post by grahamp »

Wow! Looks fabulous and clearly they have done a superb job. Might be out of my price range though.
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Fantastic job, thanks for the pictures.The car looks amazing.
White MK3 Focus RS.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post