The F-Type Hypermiling Challenge!

Anything F-Type related......
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Following on from the "real day to day MPG" thread viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2748
OK OK. Sacriledge I know.
But when self-righteous *****s hint of their virtue by crowing the mpg figures of their car, it would be fun to have a ready reply:
"Well the F-Type (your variant) can do up to (nn) mpg!"
Or "Well the F-Type can do up to (nn) mpg!" (I'm banking on a light-footed 4-pot owner to provide us with a spectacular figure for this)

RULES:
This is not a competition, but a challenge to see what is the best possible MPG we can get from F Types.
Entrants must have 10 plus forum posts.
Journies must be >10 miles.
No strong following winds.
Endpoint altitude must not be significantly below startpoint. Circular runs will ensure this.
If your car is modded (eg engine, pipes or bodywork) then please state this.
These rules may 'evolve' a bit.
If your entry is 'exceptional', please accompany it with some evidence, such as a screenshot of InControl app page of the journey, or a photo of your trip computer data.
My decision is final.
This is a bit of FUN. OK!?

HINTS & TIPS:
InControl Remote App will report mpg for journies between Ignition on and Ignition off.
The 'Auto' bank on the trip computer will show (after about a half a mile) a continuous running average mpg for the journey, so worth setting the centre screen to show this.
Start run with a properly warmed up engine.
Running with your tail up or your top down or in Dynamic and/or Sport, ain't going to help your mpg figure.
Stop/Start might actually help a little if you run into traffic.
Draughting behind the biggest, most unaerodynamic lorry you can find, on a long section of 40 or 50mph average speed controlled motorway could be a good strategy.

Your suggestions are invited.

Best so far:

--------------- MPG (Imp.)----MPG (US.)----L/100km ---Driver
SVR-----------35.5---------------29.6-------------7.9----- Gibbo. -------------------- Open to higher entries with evidence - eg photo of trip comp.
V8R-----------37.66--------------31.4-------------7.5---- Arne/ndabunka ------ Open to higher entries with evidence - eg photo of trip comp.
V8S------------39.6--------------33-----------------7.12---OB123. ---------------------Open to higher entries with evidence - eg photo of trip comp.
V6S/400-----45.2------------37.64---------------6.2-----01286p--------------------- Open to higher entries with evidence - eg photo of trip comp.
V6-------------43.7-------------36.36---------------6.47---Lunar---------------------- Open to higher entries with evidence - eg photo of trip comp.
2.0---------------------------------------------------------------Not Claimed--------------Open to 'your word for it' entries.

https://www.calculateme.com/gas-mileage/ (Page with Petrol Milage Calculators, may be helpful)
Last edited by PussCat on Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.

PussCat

Post by PussCat »

My entry.

Stock V6S coupe 192 mile journey south coast to midlands (so no downslope), West wind. 40.1mpg.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiMHMTfBnAeBoQGkWHS3dyzl2t1N
Last edited by PussCat on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

I've lost already. Return to Wroxhall from Beds 179 miles, mainly motorway 35mpg in V6 S.
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

I think my 40.1mpg in a V6S will be beaten from a great height, with a bit of thought.
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Hi there

I've achieved 35-36mpg in my SVR on a long run, not particular trying but left the car in D and dynamic, was a long trip, mainly motorways and flowing A roads. I think its about the best I can get, maybe 37mpg if really tried but most long runs are typically 32mpg area with traffic.

Shorter journeys are 15-22mpg and any loud pedal action can return single digits. :D
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s in effect only open to 2.0’s
Any other figure will he blown away

We used to do the 60mph average for 60 miles at 60mpg when I proved it on a 3.0s twin turbo diesel running down the M40.
It was great on a big 6 speed auto and then along came the 2.0 8 speed and could do that on the city commute...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
OB123

Post by OB123 »

ok - here goes - i ''accidentally'' managed 39.6 with a passenger and boot full of golf clubs and squashy bags ect travelling down the A9 from Aviemore to Perth (part of 415 mile trip back to South Staffs) Id set the cruise control to 60 as the road has cameras everywhere checking average speeds. To be honest the whole trip back was a bit of surprise from a fuel economy perspective because when we fueled up in Aviemore the trip computer said we'd got 405 miles left (it usually says 360 ish) but Id still got 100 miles left after we'd travelled 415 miles..... these V8's are really efficient :ugeek:
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Leaderboard updated - in First Post of thread.

Do you think I've got the classifications right, or should I combine the V8S and V8R?
Last edited by PussCat on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
OB123

Post by OB123 »

Id probably combine the V8S with the V8R
OB123

Post by OB123 »

I reckon if id turned off the AC and maybe used the higher octane juice we'd have got over 40 - but I'm not driving back to Aviemore to try it again :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post