Thoughts and impressions

Anything F-Type related......
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

So my first impressions of the 2.0L F type R dynamic, I could write a book on how good it looks , so I will sum them up with WOW.
People often say they sound poor, in my opinion they are still the best sounding 4 pot you can get, the YOUTUBE videos don’t show how deep the growl is , yes I would like it to be as loud as it is when the loud button is pressed as standard, then louder when you press it , so im going to try changing the back box , ill keep you posted on that.
I have a friend with a 718 convertible 2.0 and I can say the Jag is quicker off the line , haven’t done the 0-60 drag yet as mine is still only on 250 miles, overall the engine feels ample and grunty more than you would think from a 2.0L.
2019MY i4

scm

Post by scm »

I had a 2.0 convertible as a loan car and have to say it does sound good, but no match for my V8 coupe. :evil:
But it certainly looks the part, regardless of engine.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I keep hoping to bump into one at one of the meets. Although I'm pretty sure that I heard a 2.0L last year, whilst I was walking in town, an F type went past coming towards me. I remember thinking it sounded different, but not enough for me to turn around and spot the single exhaust. Plenty of F type racket I seem to remember.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR