Exhaust valve

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

So looking at the exhaust valve (single on the 2.0 only one for the two pipes) I thought the loud button would just open the valve fully , but it seems the valve goes in and out with the revs, so has anyone just fixed the valve open fully all the time .
2019MY i4

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

On the other engines the exhaust is fully open at all revs when dynamic mode is switched on. I'd guess the 2.0L is the same. I've heard that pulling the fuse defaults it to open, but this might cause other problems, I don't know, If you don't have the switch, this might be worth looking into. http://www.cccharger.co.uk/product-page ... ust-module
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

I’ve got the button, the the valve clearly goes in and out with revs , I thought the button would just open it, it makes no difference in on tickover .
2019MY i4
Perky33

Post by Perky33 »

It makes a big difference on my 2.0l on tick over. Mine did the same as yours, dealer said it had corroded, the dealer replaced the exhaust (can’t just replace valve) and now it works fine... get it to your dealer.
F Type Coupé, 2.0 R Dynamic
Caldera Red, Panoramic Roof plus extras...
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

Okay ill call the dealer Monday, its only 4 days old :-( , many thanks for the help.
2019MY i4
Perky33

Post by Perky33 »

Hi Adrian, 4 days isn’t great, at least mine lasted about 10days before it stopped working! Good luck.
F Type Coupé, 2.0 R Dynamic
Caldera Red, Panoramic Roof plus extras...
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

On the button in normal mode mine does not seem to make to much difference at tick over, however it does as soon as you are moving. Has always been like this since new so maybe there is a problem there. I thought these valves were vacuum controled via an electrical solenoid hence requiring some RPM to open.
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post