Jag less...

Anything F-Type related......
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Yesterday, I traded the Jag in.
It's been a very enjoyable year in my first ever Jag, met some thoroughly decent owners and have had good help and advice from you all on here.

Have to say, this is by far one of the friendliest car forums I've been on!

I'd like to think I'll be back in an F-Type in the near future (hopefully an SVR), but for the time being I've gone from a bit of chalk to a bit of cheese with an Alfa Romeo 4C..

My car will no doubt be up for sale at the dealer soon, and someone will be getting a very reliable and solid car!

Thanks, and good health to you all.
IRR V8R

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

That’s a bold move and big change of car type to a 4c

Tested when deciding on the F and loved the lines and raw stripped out feel of it.
Just couldn’t live with the raucous racket of the 4pot and turbo behind my head and all the banging and crashing and total lack of any comfort. Handling was superb, almost track car for road use
I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, but your braver than me..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

I came to the Jag from an Exige S2, and two Exige V6's - Jag was a revelation in comfort and toys!

I just fancied the rawness again.
Yes, certainly noisy but the chatter of waste gate behind your head is as laugh out loud as the Jag V8 on overrun...!
IRR V8R
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Zyp wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:12 am I came to the Jag from an Exige S2, and two Exige V6's - Jag was a revelation in comfort and toys!

I just fancied the rawness again.
Yes, certainly noisy but the chatter of waste gate behind your head is as laugh out loud as the Jag V8 on overrun...!
Yes - reminds me of Lotus or VX220 turbo. Sure you’ll enjoy as an experienced raw car driver. I get my similar ‘dose’ from my comp Jeeps :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

What are your first thoughts about the 4c in comparison to your Exiges?
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Very similar in general.
Although the gearbox in the Alfa is way better than the auto in the Exige (mine were all manual, but have driven an IPS Exige) and suits the car.
Steering better on the Exige but the Alfa is still very good.
Exige overall ride quality I think just shades the Alfa too.

Alfa engine sounds better than the Lotus V6 - that just sounds like a bag of spanner’s, and the manual gearbox makes shocking noises which means I’ll never buy another manual Lotus until they sort it.
Overall build quality of the Alfa is, I think, quite a bit higher than Lotus, and the carbon tub is a work of art!

One thing my daughter mentioned today, is that there’s more room as a passenger in the Alfa than there is in the F type!
IRR V8R
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Thanks. looking at the low mileages on used 2015 onwards 4c, Exige or Elise cars suggests that very few use them as daily cars.

Only 1 has managed to wring 36k miles out of a 4c, the others are all under 10k.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Zyp wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:23 am Yesterday, I traded the Jag in.
It's been a very enjoyable year in my first ever Jag, met some thoroughly decent owners and have had good help and advice from you all on here.

Have to say, this is by far one of the friendliest car forums I've been on!

I'd like to think I'll be back in an F-Type in the near future (hopefully an SVR), but for the time being I've gone from a bit of chalk to a bit of cheese with an Alfa Romeo 4C..

My car will no doubt be up for sale at the dealer soon, and someone will be getting a very reliable and solid car!

Thanks, and good health to you all.
Enjoy the 4C. What is the spec and mileage of your old R?
2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

My R is a Sept 2014 (64 reg)
24500 miles
Full main dealer service (major done in June)
Italian red
Pan roof
Black pack in and out
Black keather / red stitch
4 new Michelin 4s tyres about 2k miles ago
Ceramic coating

It's at Geoff Cox in Derbyshire

http://www.geoffcox.co.uk/car-sales//us ... 171469113/

If they get that price they'll have 'made' £6k.
The car needs ZERO prep apart from a wash as I didn't get chance to do it before I dropped it off!
Absolutely nothing else needs doing.
No tyres, no servicing, no MOT (just been done), no touch up, nothing.
There's almost a years Jaguar warranty on it so they haven't even got to put one on it.
They're asking £2k more than they told me they would ask for it, so there's massive room for negotiation !
IRR V8R