Wanted F type v6 s

For Sale & Wanted Forum
EdwardRW8

Post by EdwardRW8 »

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum, but for good reason. I am in the market for an f type v6 s coupe.

Open to options but ideally it would have the switchable exhaust, black leather interior, flat bottom steering wheel, performance multi adjustable heated seats, heated windscreen and heated steering wheel.

Ideally not in white, orange or silver. But would consider any.

Not fussed on age, but no more than 40/45k miles.

Looking around the £34-36k mark

I will be selling my much loved 2010 XKR if anyone knows of any interest in one?

Many thanks

Ed

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Hi and welcome

You might need to change your criteria or have a long search. Coupe for <£35k with <50k mileage on Autotrader shows only 1 example and that’s a car N car. That’s before we add on the goodies like exhaust sports seats that add £’s
Take a look on some of the big sites to see what’s around, but I wish you well and hope I’m wrong
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I just had a look and below £35k it's mainly Non S models. Most of the S models are a few grand more.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

XZ4 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:23 pm I just had a look and below £35k it's mainly Non S models. Most of the S models are a few grand more.
That was my point. The model and spec for the proposed price just doesn’t fit the reality of the market
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
EdwardRW8

Post by EdwardRW8 »

Thanks gents, I understand it’s a big ask, but there has been a few about over the last few months.

As for options i know I won’t get everything I want for the price, but what are the must haves?

Currently most of the ones I’ve seen don’t have the performance seats, which I’m happy to not have. Some do not have the switchable exhaust, would I regret buying one without the switch?

Thanks 🙃
vika01

Post by vika01 »

EdwardRW8 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:15 pm Thanks gents, I understand it’s a big ask, but there has been a few about over the last few months.

As for options i know I won’t get everything I want for the price, but what are the must haves?

Currently most of the ones I’ve seen don’t have the performance seats, which I’m happy to not have. Some do not have the switchable exhaust, would I regret buying one without the switch?

Thanks 🙃

To me a heated steering wheel is a must. It’s the only thing I need.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Heated Performance seats, Meridian stereo, front parking sensors, 20" wheels, Active exhaust were all must haves for me.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi Ed, and welcome ...

May I turn the question around and ask what the S has that you feel is a must have? If, when applying to your driving style and planned usage you find there’s nothing you can live without then you’ve opened up your market and opportunity.

When I bought mine, I was buying the best equipped V6 Coupe available and found a very well specked 340. And I loved it! Did I miss the S badge or the silly red calipers ... not once. The LSD, nope, its a road car and I treated it as such. And by selecting based on fitted options I had all the ones you’d like + more

Hope this helps and good luck with your search ...

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
scm

Post by scm »

Heated windscreen for me, and heated and cooled seats. And a V8 engine ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
EdwardRW8

Post by EdwardRW8 »

I’d love the V8, currently have it in my XKR and its a dream, but the funds won’t stretch there.

Seen a couple this week in the region, I’m surprised they don’t all have heated seats.

Is the exhaust button a must have? There’s one sitting in my price range but this and heated seats are missing, both things initially I wanted. I can live without the performance seats.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post