20” Blade Carbon wheels

Anything F-Type related......
Julies

Post by Julies »

I’m looking to buy some polish for my 20” Carbon Blade wheels, the Colour of the wheel is Matte Grey, what polish do you guys recommend.
Cheers Jules.

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

That's a bit tricky as the wheel sealant that a lot of people go for is the Poorboys stuff but it has a glossy finish.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PoorBoys-Wheel ... el+sealant
Nick

Post by Nick »

Poorboys also
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Poorboys too on my blades
Note it’s a sealant you want not polish
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
JohnGB

Post by JohnGB »

I've used FinishKare FK1000 on the rims of my cars for some years now, and I have been very pleased with its durability.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/finishka ... mp-sealant

As with most things in the detailing world, the prep work is important.

Giving the rims a thorough clean will pay dividends in the long run.

After washing and rinsing, use a Tar remover, follow that with an iron fallout remover, another rinse to remove all the contaminants, a quick dry, then apply a couple of coats of the sealant of your choice.

John
Stratus Grey V6S AWD Convertable, Black Pack, Tornado Wheels, Ivory Performance Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. - Gone but not forgotten.
Julies

Post by Julies »

Thanks for the replies, I have some Poorboys wheel sealant I will give that ago.
Cheers Jules.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

JohnGB wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:16 pm I've used FinishKare FK1000 on the rims of my cars for some years now, and I have been very pleased with its durability.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/finishka ... mp-sealant

As with most things in the detailing world, the prep work is important.

Giving the rims a thorough clean will pay dividends in the long run.

After washing and rinsing, use a Tar remover, follow that with an iron fallout remover, another rinse to remove all the contaminants, a quick dry, then apply a couple of coats of the sealant of your choice.

John
Thanks for highlighting this. Looks good stuff 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Tel

Post by Tel »

Julies wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 pm I’m looking to buy some polish for my 20” Carbon Blade wheels, the Colour of the wheel is Matte Grey, what polish do you guys recommend.
Cheers Jules.
C5 Been on my blades since I purchased the car, including the carbon fibre trim parts and brake calipers.

Never used any polish or tar removers or anything. Nothing sticks to it. ... Damp microfibre cloth is all it takes to bring them back to new.

One coat has been on for 3.5 years! I will get round to removing the wheels and doing another application, not that it needs it, just because I can.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gtechniq-c5-wheel-armour

It may be the most expensive product, but believe me when I say I've used pretty much everything out there when it comes to detailing/cleaning cars and bikes... You get what you pay for...
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩