Apple Car Play - What is the latest ?

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Our Evoque has been booked in for the upgrade but will cost £250 inc of VAT .. Our Evoque was delivered mid Nov one of the last made and with the latest software .. but even then did not have the extra functionality of apple car play

but now is available .. still investigating my Ftype

Sapp

Post by Sapp »

I am a proud owner of the f-type 400p convertible.
Is there any way to upgrade this model with apple car play, now or in the near future?
Thanks in advance for any advise.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Sapp wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:59 pm I am a proud owner of the f-type 400p convertible.
Is there any way to upgrade this model with apple car play, now or in the near future?
Thanks in advance for any advise.
There is a recent software version (19B) which includes car play and a few other things including over the air updates.
You need to speak to your dealer to get it installed.
Sapp

Post by Sapp »

So it is possible!?! That’s would be great news! Thanks for the info, i will call my dealer right away.
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

I spoke to my local Jaguar dealer today about the possibility of upgrading my car to Apple Car Play and was told apparently it’s possible to upgrade my old software for Apple Car Play, however it’s easier if the car has the three box menu instead of four.

I was told if it’s four which my model year has then there is a chance the update can crash the system and if it doesn’t reboot it results in a new motherboard for the screen which is a lot of money.

Not sure if this information is correct but just reporting what they said,

Personally I’m not going to risk it if that’s the case...
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Sapp

Post by Sapp »

Sorry, i’m a novice, what’s a 3 or 4 box menu?
Yr explanation is much appreicated.
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

The number of boxes on the home touch screen, mine has four, phone, audio, climate, satnav

Kind regards,

Steve
Sapp

Post by Sapp »

Got it Steve, Thanks!
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Are you saying that apple car play is now possible with the 8 inch monitor with physical buttons.

I understood previously that it was only possible on an 11 inch monitor with soft buttons.

Mine is a MY18 so 8 inch monitor. I would really like Spple Car Play if possible

Regards
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

All I can say is my Jaguar dealer told me it was possible on mine but with the risk it might not work and as I said could mean a new motherboard at my cost if it doesn’t boot up again,

Even if it does work I’m thinking it might invalidate the extra years warranty I just paid for so I’m not risking it.

Yours is MY18 mine is MY16 so you might stand a better chance,

Please ask your dealer, it would be interesting to see if the advice is the same,

Kind regards,

Steve

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post