Spare wheel option

Anything F-Type related......
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Is that the 'official' umbrella holder you have fitted as well?

I've never seen that in a coupe before, always curious. Any chance you can send a photo of that? ;)
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

Here is a picture of the "official" umbrella and holder. The fitting instructions said to install it under the boot latch area. However, I thought it looked better where you can see it. Easy install.

IMG_1941.jpg

V6 Coupe British Racing Green
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Oh Thats interesting... under the boot latch..

Have to drill any holes?

Thanks for the photo!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Does anybody know how Jaguar would deal with this if called out as a breakdown - do they carry a spare wheel?
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

The umbrella kit comes with 6 x pop rivets, and yes you do have to drill holes. The carpet is fitted to a sturdy plastic panel. The only tools require are a drill and Bit plus a pop rivet gun. I did make sure there was nothing behind the drill area to damage. My wife got the kit as a birthday present for me and was a bit disappointed that at nearly a hundred pounds the brolly was not included.
V6 Coupe British Racing Green
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Thanks for the photo
Nick-F

Post by Nick-F »

Hi.
I recently acquired an F type coupe and agree with having a spare wheel to use for longer trips, I did the same for my previous car, an Audi. I didn't want to pay the hefty dealer price for a new wheel which will spend most of its life gathering dust in the garage, by buying an as new but second hand space saver found on eBay, I achieved the same result for about £60.
I will be touring France and Spain in the summer for a month and taking in the Le Mans 24 hours, so a spare in the boot would be reassuring. My question is, does anyone have the 'part number' or specification for the F type space saver? I have seen second hand spares on eBay for XF and F Pace Jaguars, some sellers suggest it may be suitable for an F Type, but didn't want to risk buying something unsuitable without doing some research.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Nick

F Type coupe V6 S - 19" wheels
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Nick-F wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:21 am Hi.
I recently acquired an F type coupe and agree with having a spare wheel to use for longer trips, I did the same for my previous car, an Audi. I didn't want to pay the hefty dealer price for a new wheel which will spend most of its life gathering dust in the garage, by buying an as new but second hand space saver found on eBay, I achieved the same result for about £60.
I will be touring France and Spain in the summer for a month and taking in the Le Mans 24 hours, so a spare in the boot would be reassuring. My question is, does anyone have the 'part number' or specification for the F type space saver? I have seen second hand spares on eBay for XF and F Pace Jaguars, some sellers suggest it may be suitable for an F Type, but didn't want to risk buying something unsuitable without doing some research.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Nick

F Type coupe V6 S - 19" wheels
Hi Nick, from checking TOPiX.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Spare Wheel Cover - Jaguar Part Number - T2R5893 - RRP £57

Reduced Section Alloy Spare Wheel is factory fit part code "029VT" for £295.

After market "The space saver wheel kit is offered as a retailer fit upgrade for vehicles equipped with the line fit tyre repair kit.

Black For 19” wheels. Black space saver spare wheel kit offered for vehicles equipped with Silver wheels. Tyre must be ordered separately.
Jaguar Part Number - T2R12221 - RRP £389

Red for 19" wheels. Red space saver spare wheel kit offered for vehicles equipped with Black wheels. Tyre must be ordered separately. (BTW Jaguar offer red and black as some markets require contrasting spare wheels to colour of OEM fit alloys so they standout).
Jaguar Part Number - T2R12220 - RRP £400

Hope that answers your question on OEM part numbers.

EDIT: Sorry missed the tyre information - The F-Type 19" space saver uses a "Pirelli T 135/70 R19 105M". Around £110 RRP.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

Anyone with the spare whee willing to post a photo of it in situ? I can't believe it'd fit and leave any space for luggage! :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Found this online

Coope vs Convertible

Coope.jpg

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post