Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

Shaun123 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:28 pm InchCape Southampton, they have moved to Wide lane now
They're my local dealer, too. I haven't made my mind up about them, they sorted out my broken parcel shelf under warranty, but didn't fix my non-retracting headlamp washer - well, it retracts, but isn't aligned correctly so doesn't finish flush with the bodywork, has to be pushed back by hand, which is inconvenient when driving(!). I filled in the feedback form I was sent, but haven't had any follow-up from my moaning yet.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

basher

Post by basher »

I use InchCape Southampton for my servicing. They treated my cross braces during my 1st service FOC. I think I'll ask them to do a thorough check at 2nd service and maybe replace bits covered by the campaign and treat the rest of the underside.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

Had my subframe and crossmember replaced earlier this week under warranty. Although I now question the quality of the workmanship at the dealership, why?
Firstly, I requested categorically that they do not wash the car, they did! 😠
Secondly, when I got home there was an almighty noise from the back of the car, had to call out Jaguar Assistance to ascertain whether the car was safe to drive, when I moved the car out of the drive so the Jag Assist engineer could get round and under the car I found a large bolt, I asked him if it was from my car, I was meant to be a joke, turned out not to be so funny, as it was the bolt for the exhaust bracket, so he refitted lucky I found it on the drive saved me another trip to the dealer.😠

pic1 4761269.jpg

Best Regards
Gazza
2018MY, F-Type 400 Sport Convertible RWD, Black
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
2001 Nissan Skyline R33 Twin Turbo
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

Hey forgot to ask.... Fez what do you "polish" the underneath of your care with, I've got get some!
Best Regards
Gazza
2018MY, F-Type 400 Sport Convertible RWD, Black
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
2001 Nissan Skyline R33 Twin Turbo
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
Fez

Post by Fez »

Hi Gazza, I use Dynax s50 from bilt hamber. My 400 MY 18.5 was showing small spots of rust after 1000 miles on rear sub frame. Looks as good as new now but I am going to ask Jaguar to replace all parts that are clearly not fit for purpose before covering the new parts with dynax s50 again. If jaguar do not play ball will keep up the high standard of rust protection that I can.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Chipper3

Post by Chipper3 »

Mine are showing signs of corrosion too.
Not being critical of what anyone else has done with theirs but i'd like to get them off, shot-blasted and powder coated. Has anyone removed them, what's involved?
TIA.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Ok. At last MOT the technician mentioned, during the videoed bit, that ‘the cross-members were showing signs of surface rust’. I’ve booked my car in to be inspected with a view to warranty claim & having them replaced. My car is under the 2-year Approved Warranty.

If they knock my claim back, what course of action would you advise? My wife wouldn’t leave the dealer until they agreed to do it. She got the RR front lettering replaced, after 4 years old.

I should take her along. I’m crap at this stuff & would just say, ‘well how much would it cost to do it!

Help!
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scm

Post by scm »

Is the campaign only limited to cars under warranty? Seems to me it's a manufacturing defect that ought to be fixed at any age (within reason).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

Took my car in - currently under extended used approved warranty - provided pictures and the campaign ID, JLR have agreed to do the work and the car goes in next week to have the needful done. 14 plate R coupe.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

That’s good news daveyc86 👍 hoping to get a similar outcome 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies