Campaign SSM74031 X152 Under body brace corrosion

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Johno

Post by Johno »

I was close to purchasing a F-type, & first of all requested a video of underneath, and yes there was 'surface rust etc'
all normal apparently, they were not offering to replace or anything. The Jaguar 2 year warranty does sound good,
and it sounds like its hard to have it replaced under warranty ? This was a 2014 model I was looking at.
Cheers

scm

Post by scm »

Tell them about Campaign SSM74031 and make it a condition of purchase. .)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dazza67

Post by Dazza67 »

daveyc86 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:42 am Took my car in - currently under extended used approved warranty - provided pictures and the campaign ID, JLR have agreed to do the work and the car goes in next week to have the needful done. 14 plate R coupe.
Just got mine approved for the work from Jaguar, its going in on the 21st. I noticed the corrosion on the 'look at your car on the ramp' video that was sent to me during the service and thanks to you guys on here I quoted the campaign number and they agreed with no hassle.

That's why these forums are so good, they didn't offer to do the work after the service but having all the info from here, they agreed as a goodwill gesture as the vehicle is 2013 but with extended warranty.

Hope everyone else has a similar outcome.

Cheers
Ebony Black V6S convertible
daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

Although it appears the parts are on back order - so need to wait a bit longer for mine to be sorted
daveyc86

Post by daveyc86 »

Bump: Anyone had theirs replaced yet? I'm still waiting for the parts to come in. I had a service and they actually held off changing the diff oil until they do this as they will be taking all the braces off to get access to the diff.
andrewclarke99

Post by andrewclarke99 »

I went to view my next purchase, 400 Sport, last week and did a quick check of the rear underneath. Sure enough signs of surface rust on mounts and cross brace. Not ideal on a car less than 2 years old and 12000miles. I pointed this out and they said it would be ok and not covered under warranty. They brought out a service manager and I showed him the SSM74031 number and said that I would not be interested in the car as it was.

A little later after the test drive I was informed that the braces would be replaced under warranty!!! Result. I have not yet set a date for collection but I will be enquiring if the work has been completed and whether replaced or treated.
400 Sport AWD, Yulong White and lots n lots of Extras
scm

Post by scm »

The SSM instructs the dealer to replace.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Has anyone managed to get this done on an out of warranty car? Mine is 2014. I suppose the corrosion warranty may cover it?
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

My dealer has submitted details to Jaguar of the rust on my brace. Currently awaiting a decision. I will post the results when I hear back.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Had details approved and my 2014 goes in in 3 weeks.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post