Gremlins in the system!

Anything F-Type related......
basher

Post by basher »

I don't use my sat nav often. Last week I tried to set a route, but my car thought I was on the Isle of Wight, which is quite a way off from where I actually live, and tried directing me to a ferry to Portsmouth!! So I simply resorted to using my phone instead.

Today, audio not working. I tried both DAB radio and USB stick. Says it's playing, but no volume. Meridien 380 settings all look OK.

So I thought I'd try sat nav again. Now I'm somewhere in the sea! No markers anywhere, just a blue background.

Finally, I reversed into my parking space at work. No bleeping sound.

Any ideas???
Sounds (no pun intended) like multiple software failures.

:?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

davidd

Post by davidd »

I'd be tempted to pull the battery for a few hours, not sure what else that would reset though.
scm

Post by scm »

I'd be equally tempted to make sure the battery is fully charged - these cars can be temperamental on low voltage.
Last edited by scm on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

basher wrote: ↑Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 am I don't use my sat nav often. Last week I tried to set a route, but my car thought I was on the Isle of Wight, which is quite a way off from where I actually live, and tried directing me to a ferry to Portsmouth!! So I simply resorted to using my phone instead.

Today, audio not working. I tried both DAB radio and USB stick. Says it's playing, but no volume. Meridien 380 settings all look OK.

So I thought I'd try sat nav again. Now I'm somewhere in the sea! No markers anywhere, just a blue background.

Finally, I reversed into my parking space at work. No bleeping sound.

Any ideas???
Sounds (no pun intended) like multiple software failures.

:?
Dealer - your in warranty.
I had sat nav issue last year and incontrol saying vehicle location not known. After a load of software updates they replaced the antenna shark fin and all has been great since.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
basher

Post by basher »

Thanks all.

It's a daily driver, so battery should be charged. Correct?

I really don't fancy another trip to the dealer this year... got my seat belt replaced a few weeks ago, and last week I was without car while wheels & calipers had a refurb.

davidd

Post by davidd »

That depends on how far, how fast what you have turned on in the car. When I bought my optimate last year I was surprised at how much it took to bring the battery up to peak condition. My commute is 11 miles each way.
scm

Post by scm »

basher wrote: ↑Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm Thanks all.

It's a daily driver, so battery should be charged. Correct?

I really don't fancy another trip to the dealer this year... got my seat belt replaced a few weeks ago, and last week I was without car while wheels & calipers had a refurb.
Well, it did spent last week not being driven, and if the doors were open the courtesy lights can be quite a drain. Although the wet drive home should have given it a decent boost!
basher

Post by basher »

Update...

Radio and reversing bleep worked this evening. Sat nav thinks I'm still on the Isle of Wight and I drove into the sea at one point!

My commute is 8 miles each way. Very few opportunities to belt along. And I've had climate turned quite high, along with heated seat & steering wheel.

I'll probably give dealer a call this week to see if they "fiddled" with my software when it was in for the seat belt. πŸ˜‰

scm

Post by scm »

Take it for nice long drive! Might give it time to sort itself out. ;)
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Turn the stop start on, will only operate if battery nearly fully charged, may help to identify if battery charge part of the problem.

My parking sensors only turn themselves on occasionally, other times I have to turn them on.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post