Weekend Toy or Daily Drive ?

Anything F-Type related......
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I'm curious, how many of us have the F Type as a daily drive or weekend toy.

Personally, mine is a weekend toy.

I really don't like driving it in dense traffic and besides being perpetually anxious about what the other drivers are doing, the fuel consumption on the V8 in stop/start gridlock is really bad.
And it's impractical in the event of navigating driveways. My driveway is so steep that the PDC actually pick's it up as an obstruction, which is most frustrating.
Even with a full tank, the computer read's a range of 420km (vs the Honda which is +800km) and both have a 70L tank.
Suspension is also too firm for a daily ride.
I think this is why POrsche is so popular, it's one of the few that CAN be used as a daily drive
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

As I am retired mine is any time I get chance to drive it. Fuel economy was never going to be good with 8 pistons to feed but money well spent. I have had a Porsche 911 a few years ago & can assure you it did not put a smile on my face like this does. I even had to keep the fuel tank full to make it stable. I know the 911 turbo are much better but still the jag ooh. Had mine in dynamic today on a long stretch of bad road & yes it does rattle your teeth a bit. I know what you mean about the width of the car. Mine is as wide as my Vivaro van & I live in a narrow street. Hope you get out plenty & enjoy.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Daily drive here, racking up 16k miles a year.
Can’t beat either end of a working day with the roof down and active exhaust open.
If I could afford a second one to keep garaged I would, but I could never walk past it to a humdrum commute car.
Bought as one owner car for under half the price new, and with the Jag Approved Used warranty, so depreciation now will be reasonable and overall cost per mile really rather good 🙂 😎
...the more miles I do the more economical it is to own 😬
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Daily for me. I do about 6-8k miles per year.
No issues for me. Stop/start off, dynamic mode on, seat belt on and away we go.

Typically get low 20's on my usual commute to the orifice and mid 30's on longer runs.

I think it's fine as a daily driver. Just requires a little forward planning on car parking I find. But I am very fussy on where I leave it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Toy all the way sunny days only
Lewis4681

Post by Lewis4681 »

Bought mine recently with the intention to daily drive but the anxiety I get parking in the work car park is way too much.

So think I’m going to keep my little runaround to commute and keep the jag for fun days..
Stratus grey v6 coupe
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

I use mine for the daily commute to work, I work long hours so look forward to the drive home from the office at 7.00 pm when the rush hour has gone and the open road beckons, I find myself putting it into dynamic mode with the windows down to listen to the V8 howl down the straights, it’s my reward to myself for the daily graft.

To me these cars are meant to be driven...
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
scm

Post by scm »

Why would you buy car like an F-Type and leave it at home to drive around in a Eurobox? As for the fuel consumption, well, it's a 5 litre supercharged V8 so don't say you weren't warned! ;)

I have an Almera as a backup vehicle and most years its only journey is to the garage for its MOT.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I drive it any day I like, as a toy.. :lol:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
basher

Post by basher »

Daily driver. Makes the commute so much more enjoyable. Dynamic mode all the way unless it's very wet or cold.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post