Android Auto and Apple carplay. Not for all recent F-Types.

Anything F-Type related......
Tel

Post by Tel »

Eventually, screens, this Play and that Play, wifi, soft/hardspots will take over the car interior and there will be no room for the wheel anymore ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

My other day to day is a Vivaro van. I recently changed the infotainment system for a Double din Android £199 Chinese unit. This is android 8.1 & has everything one could want in gadgets. Fitted it 5 months ago. 1st month was great & played around with all the functions. Now I get in van & listen to my music & drive. We had the 10" head unit in the 2017mMY Evoque we had with all the gadgets & same again . It's what you ain't got that you want, until you have it.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

I can understand why you'd need the distractions in a van and an Evoque, but in an F-Type? C'mon! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

:mrgreen: exactly.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
LockNumber25

Post by LockNumber25 »

Sorry to bring back an old thread but thought it better than starting a new one.

Can a MY19 (September 18) with 10" screen get the smartphone pack? I've got my eye on a car and would love it to be compatible. I know I can ask the retailer but info from this forum is generally more reliable :)

I'm in the UK.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

LockNumber25 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:18 am Sorry to bring back an old thread but thought it better than starting a new one.

Can a MY19 (September 18) with 10" screen get the smartphone pack? I've got my eye on a car and would love it to be compatible. I know I can ask the retailer but info from this forum is generally more reliable :)

I'm in the UK.
What's the reg and I'll check.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

LockNumber25 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:18 am Sorry to bring back an old thread but thought it better than starting a new one.
Hopefully if you PM simpleR your reg he can help.
There is/was an ongoing campaign to bring all Jaguars with the Pro systems (back to around 2016 on some models) up to date with the smartphone pack and then Carplay/Android auto.
Under no circumstances pay for this if you are eligible as previously they were stinging people £200 for the smartphone pack.
The fact you have the 10" screen sounds hopeful as that should be the Pro system.
More info here:
https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/softwar ... grade.html
LockNumber25

Post by LockNumber25 »

Thank you. PM sent.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

I took my my18 in for the hn251 software update and was told that there were issues with the update blowing fuses and jaguar had stopped performing the update. Not told if temporary or final
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

:)
LockNumber25 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:23 am Thank you. PM sent.
I don't have a PM from you!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post