Driving up your back end

Anything F-Type related......
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

How many of you guys have had someone in either a little blinged up car or a performance car follow you very closely only to find that they just want to hear your active exhaust. Had quite a few already, some pip there horns or just big smiles & thumbs up. Stopped yesterday at service station on A64. 2 lads pulled up & said what exhaust is that you have fitted. Just what Jaguar gave me.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

MANTOT3

Post by MANTOT3 »

I've had some strange goings on, at a safe distance from my back end.
People trying to stear and take a photo with a phone at the same time, Very naughty!
I've had the lads who want to hear the exhaust sound and the boy racers who want to push you just a bit more...
Having just been on a speed awareness course I've the early simptons of being sensible! ( I'm told this doesn't last).
The one I hate the most is when you are being good, realy, like driving Miss Daisy speed on the motorway.
They sit about 15 yds from your back end in the outside lane just admiring the beauty and you're closing up on the car in front, you just wish they'd pass.
So you have no option but to floor the loud pedal give them the full f type experince, nip round the car in front and cary on the Miss Daisy routine.
Only to find they're back 15yds behind you and now your spoilers up showing the hardware, letting everyone know you've been naughty.
2016 SVR
Carbon Ceramic Brakes.
Homemade Barless front Grill.
And all the options on my wish list :twisted:
Previous: 2015 AWD R
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Well clearly there's something wrong with my car, as really it's way too silent unless the "dynamic" is activated.
Let me ask a question - as we all know the dynamic menu allow's one to see the amount of throttle and brake applied.
to get the "sound of the V8" how much does the throttle need to be opened ?
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

I am a new owner and as such, just getting used to the massive grin factor when using the loud pedal, dynamic pose and fun button. I have tried to be good, just pottering along at 70mph on the M4 but I have found, it really doesn’t take much to get the absolutely gorgeous and addictive exhaust note. I have a really long tunnel on the way home and I just can’t help myself, the noise is truly intoxicating....long may it continue..😀😀
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Generally, to get maximum pops and crackle, open the exhaust (if you have the button) and go to above 3k rpm and then just lightly tap the throttle as the revs gently die off - with a bit of practice you can make it carry on for quite a few seconds :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I get a lot of cars driving closely but I just think they want to see what make and model it is. F Types are still relatively rare on the roads.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

From an exclusivity perspective, I certainly hope it remain's "rare" although I know that doesn't help Jaguar Land Rover in terms of sales.
Just this weekend at a small local shopping centre in my neighbouhood a guy rocked up with a Ferrari 458 and then another in a F Type V6 Convertible.
Yesterday I saw 1 F type V 6 on the freeway on the way to work.
Well at least it's eye candy.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Well guys I did not expect so many replies. So it's not just me then. I did a run to the coast with a ladyfriend yesterday & must say the music stayed on very low all the way. Dynamic on & off lots. I find it best when on the twisties to go to sport & paddleshift. I'm sure some folk will think there is something wrong with the car. Long live snap crackle & pop.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I can't help but think of the F Type as a box of Kellog's Rice Krispies
Whoever coined the "Snap Crackle and Pop" phrase when describing this car ?
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

Someone on the US forum describes it as "an unfettered string of crackles and bangs, akin to being present at the popping of God’s bubble wrap". :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post