Potential new owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
gbrownlie

Post by gbrownlie »

Hello, I am looking for an F-Type, preferably a V8 R. I am selling a property and will be paying cash for one. I see there are a few for sale for around the 40k mark. I have noticed these have vastly large amounts of mileage difference, some 20-30k difference. Is this due to the cars sitting at the lowest value as they will go? Or is there some sort of issue forcing the sales of these cars? These are 2013, 2014 cars. I am looking at the Coupe as I prefer this to the convertible mainly as it gets cold here in the winter and not wanting the roof to get damaged over the winter time. and the top would be down rarely hehe.

I am really looking forward to jumping into an F-Type, and always fancied a V8. I would use my Golf R as my daily and the F-Type would only be a weekend warrior. Not too worried about the fuel economy, and I have noticed there is more power in the R rather than the S model. These are also similarly priced. So its more of a question of what are peoples thoughts?

I would love to jump into one, and I would travel the country to find the correct one. I am based near Aberdeen. I have seen some online on Autotrader etc... and not too many about. so I would like to find the right one.

Any known issues with them? Gearboxes ok? etc...

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Once the sale of the property goes through, I will be hunting high and low.

Regards.

Greig

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Cannot help with v8 related queries.
When your ready or find one then PM me a reg and I'll lookup the history for you.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
gbrownlie

Post by gbrownlie »

Thanks, I will do. Seen a couple, But will wait till the sale goes through and then look.

I haven't heard of anything major going wrong with the F Types. So that is good news.

If anyone can point out things to look out for, that would be good.

Thanks.
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi,
I bought an 2014 R 1.5 years ago from jaguar approved with 28k on the clock. In all my time with it I've had no issues other than little niggles of scratched window which was fixed under warranty.
During the winter it is always kept outside but under a cover and only driven around once per month but has never failed to start. In the summer it's used more so around 5,000 miles per year and always makes me smile.
Good luck with the search, a great choice of car.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
scm

Post by scm »

Mileage differences are probably more down to owner circumstances than any problems with the cars, some (like you!) will use them as weekend toys, others as daily drivers. I bought my F-Type at a year old with 1300 (yeah thirteen hundred) miles on it as it was originally owned by a Jaguar manager who, I presume, lived near his job.

I've had a 2001 XK8, a 2004 XKR and 2010 XKR before my F-Type and have had no real issues with any of them. Jaguars are very reliable these days. As more electronics get incorporated you may experience some glitches (I know I have!) but these have cleared up without technical intervention - self fixing cars!

And once you drive one, you'll be smitten. Well, if aren't you must be insane! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
gbrownlie

Post by gbrownlie »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have heard about the window seals. I will keep my eyes out for that.

Once I am in a position to buy (Soon Hopefully), I will post it up and join the F-Type community. It seems quite rare up here and would stand out.

I will pop on here and have a good look through the forums, see if there are any local guys up here.

Thanks

Greig

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post