F Type ear Subframe corrosion

Anything F-Type related......
COUNTESS

Post by COUNTESS »

Anyone with the first model 2013 should check their rear subframe for excessive corrosion.

There is an inherent problem with this on the subframe due to low grade steel provided by Tata.

Jaguar have acknowledged that there is a problem and dealers have been informed that, should an owner complain, Jaguar will look at replacing any of the parts showing a high level of corrosion. Dealers have to take photographs and submit them to Jaguar for assessment.

My car has excessive corrosion and photographs have been sent to Jaguar. At the moment I am still waiting for a response.

Should you require more information on this look on Jaguar Enthusiast Club web site.

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Thanks for the info but there's an existing topic on it here:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3085
scm

Post by scm »

COUNTESS wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm Should you require more information on this look on Jaguar Enthusiast Club web site.
Just quote SSM74031 to your dealer, that covers it nicely.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

My car is booked in, next week, at Jaguar Inchcape Derby. This is or an initial assessment.

Will report back on how it goes...
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

My main dealer have agreed to replace the rear sub-frame under my 2-Year Approved Used Warranty. Going to be done on same day as service & MOT.

I did have to chase them up. Apparently the parts are on back order due to popularity 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Mine's in on Thursday for it.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
jamestc989

Post by jamestc989 »

Hi All,

New to the forum; just thought I'd post my experience with this particular issue.

5 weeks ago around 12th March, my 13 plate V8S convertible under extended warranty, went in for a service (+ repair of the driver's seat which was loose and faulty steering wheel controls) at Inchcape Guildford.

I informed them I was concerned about the rust on the underside of the vehicle and also at that point notified them of the bulletin regarding this, which I'm sure they were already aware of. Initially, the dealership very quickly mentioned that there was significant rust to the rear subframe and also the braces after their own technicians looked into it.

My car had then been passed to a third party (approved retailer) without my knowledge to inspect the problem and advise. During these weeks, i've had various emails all of the same nature to say that it's with Jaguar Goodwill department and due to all the "paperwork" they have had to send numerous photos. They also asked me all of the absurd questions which another user mentioned above.

After numerous conversations, both the dealership and the independent approved bodywork shop have explicitly stated that the rear subframe must be replaced and not repaired as the rust will simply continue to corrode thereafter and also that it would be a safety issue.

Inchcape Guildford finally came back to me today via email to say that Goodwill have advised to replace the braces and not to replace the subframe but to "repair" it - ie. de-rust and treat it. In the latest email, the dealer have even said that they will not be able to complete Jaguar's suggested repair works as they can't do it in-house and the approved bodyshop has outright refused to do it. Not only that, they have essentially parred me off now to say I should call Jaguar directly myself.

I have done so after also tweeting them and they have been less than helpful and just reiterated what they've already said, despite very clearly explaining to them that their own dealership and an independent body have both stated that it is not suitable for repair and is a safety issue.

I am quite literally lost for words on how they can take this approach, any suggestions on what to do next?
JohnG123

Post by JohnG123 »

Hope you get this sorted.
My 2016 V8R AWD had a 3 year service today and I mentioned re the rust and mine is going in on 30th April to be done.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Mine went in last week - got a courtesy call the day before - only to find they didn't have the parts available.

Now who'd have thought to check little details like that eh?

Words fail me sometimes.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

jamestc989 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:28 pm I am quite literally lost for words on how they can take this approach, any suggestions on what to do next?
Have a word with a solicitor? They should know how to tackle the situation.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post