Ceramic coating advice?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Ricardo99

Post by Ricardo99 »

Anyone tried Xpel Fusion ceramic on top of their PPF yet?

Its like £450 extra, but is it worth having instead of Gtechqni Crystal Ultra coat or just applying your own layer of Gtechqni Halo?

Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

Yes - ceramic coated and Xpel PPF!

Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

I applied a synthetic sealant today and have to say i'm delighted at the results and how easy it was to apply.

Will have to see how long it lasts now
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Kamikaze Zipang ceramic and XPEL PPF on the nose. By those quite exceptional detailers at Polished Perection Plymouth.

7E1B1156-8FA1-43A8-B7AD-AEF67BD638BC.jpeg

CCA37083-C54F-413F-94DF-58D734B9567C.jpeg

6F2183BC-AF9E-476D-8EA5-D7018517C7E0.jpeg

BRG V6 with 20 inch alloys and the Exhaust switch!
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

basher wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:03 am
scm wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:04 pm Basher had his done, I expect he'll be along with sage words soon. ;)
Indeed I did, and it's nice to know that someone reagrds my words as sagely (is that even a word???). :D

I took my 400 to https://autocurators.com/ as they'd come highly recommended by several others on this forum.
  • They use their own custom ceramic coat... check their website for details.
  • They did my wheels too. In fact, I have my car booked in with them in 2 weeks to refurb 3 kerbed wheels, and to paint my rear calipers.
  • I also had PPF applied to the front end.
Very impressed with the outcome. Even without a pressure washer / snow foam, washing is a breeze. The "glassy" coating is so nice to touch too. ;)

I can't comment on other ceramic coats or detailing companies, but I'm sure others on here can recommend some.

My advice... just do it. Definitely worth the money IMHO.
I’m thinking of using these guys. Do you know which product they used for the ceramic coating when you had yours done? I can’t afford the PPF so will just be the ceramic. Seemed very knowledgable on the phone and good value...
MY20 F-Type P340
scm

Post by scm »

Blueone wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:12 pm
scm wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:04 pm Indeed I did, and it's nice to know that someone reagrds my words as sagely (is that even a word???). :D

I took my 400 to https://autocurators.com/ as they'd come highly recommended by several others on this forum.
  • They use their own custom ceramic coat... check their website for details.
  • They did my wheels too. In fact, I have my car booked in with them in 2 weeks to refurb 3 kerbed wheels, and to paint my rear calipers.
  • I also had PPF applied to the front end.
Very impressed with the outcome. Even without a pressure washer / snow foam, washing is a breeze. The "glassy" coating is so nice to touch too. ;)

I can't comment on other ceramic coats or detailing companies, but I'm sure others on here can recommend some.

My advice... just do it. Definitely worth the money IMHO.
I’m thinking of using these guys. Do you know which product they used for the ceramic coating when you had yours done? I can’t afford the PPF so will just be the ceramic. Seemed very knowledgable on the phone and good value...
The clue is in basher's answer ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
chicb

Post by chicb »

Fact, if you want the best, but expensive, wet sand which will get rid if any marks, then paint protection film, then ceramic coat over that.
Very expensive but the best. If its a keeper that's the way to go.
Otherwise depending on how new the car is one stage one or two correction then paint protection film
or correction plus ceramic coating. Ceramic coating will NOT prevent stone chips, just makes it easier to clean
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

scm wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:49 pm
Blueone wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:12 pm

The clue is in basher's answer ;)
I need to remember to put my glasses on... That tallies with what the guy said so all good.
MY20 F-Type P340
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

chicb wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:05 pm Fact, if you want the best, but expensive, wet sand which will get rid if any marks, then paint protection film, then ceramic coat over that.
Otherwise depending on how new the car is one stage one or two correction then paint protection film
or correction plus ceramic coating. Ceramic coating will NOT prevent stone chips, just makes it easier to clean
This confirms that Ceramic Coating is the way to go for me. It’s unlikely I’ll keep the car forever but I do want to enjoy washing it and make it easier so sounds like I need the ceramic coat. I’m thinking of going for the entry level package they offer (£450). The car will be around 3 or 4 weeks old when I get it done so pretty new!

Their blurb reads as follows:

In 2016 we introduced our entry level ‘Lite’ New Car treatment, in response to feedback from our customers. Sometimes, you just want your new car to be well protected and easy to maintain, without being too worried about potential minor marks. Perhaps it’s the family car, your daily commuter, even a lease or company car that just needs to be kept presentable during your tenure. It is priced very competitively compared to what the dealership will be offering, on a like for like basis. The reality is that the same in depth level of care and expertise will be used to properly prepare your car for the application of the Auto Curators Signature Coating (single layer application), but without the machine polishing. At just £450.00 including VAT, you can enjoy all the benefits of that comes with professional application of the best products.

The choices of products for new car paint protection are Swissvax, Auto Curators Signature Coating or the Kamikaze Collection products – full details of these are available here.

Prices (all including VAT at current rate)

‘Lite’ New Car Detail with Ceramic Coat or Swissvax (<1 day) £450.00
New Car Detail with Auto Curators Signature Coating Single Layer application (1-1.5 days) £595.00, or Signature Coating Dual Layer application (2 days) £695.00

Thoughts? Sorry if discussing this breaks forum rules. Feel free to delete if needs be...
MY20 F-Type P340
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Blueone wrote:
chicb wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:05 pm Fact, if you want the best, but expensive, wet sand which will get rid if any marks, then paint protection film, then ceramic coat over that.
This confirms that Ceramic Coating is the way to go for me. It’s unlikely I’ll keep the car forever but I do want to enjoy washing it and make it easier so sounds like I need the ceramic coat. I’m thinking of going for the entry level package they offer (£450). The car will be around 3 or 4 weeks old when I get it done so pretty new!

Their blurb reads as follows:

In 2016 we introduced our entry level ‘Lite’ New Car treatment, in response to feedback from our customers. Sometimes, you just want your new car to be well protected and easy to maintain, without being too worried about potential minor marks. Perhaps it’s the family car, your daily commuter, even a lease or company car that just needs to be kept presentable during your tenure. It is priced very competitively compared to what the dealership will be offering, on a like for like basis. The reality is that the same in depth level of care and expertise will be used to properly prepare your car for the application of the Auto Curators Signature Coating (single layer application), but without the machine polishing. At just £450.00 including VAT, you can enjoy all the benefits of that comes with professional application of the best products.

The choices of products for new car paint protection are Swissvax, Auto Curators Signature Coating or the Kamikaze Collection products – full details of these are available here.

Prices (all including VAT at current rate)

‘Lite’ New Car Detail with Ceramic Coat or Swissvax (<1 day) £450.00
New Car Detail with Auto Curators Signature Coating Single Layer application (1-1.5 days) £595.00, or Signature Coating Dual Layer application (2 days) £695.00

Thoughts? Sorry if discussing this breaks forum rules. Feel free to delete if needs be...

Personally if you are spending £450, I’d look to get at least a 1 stage correction on the paintwork first - prep is absolutely key, you don’t want to seal in any marks, swirls or marring under the ceramic coat

Being a few weeks old the car will/should have minimal marks but swirls will be there straight away when the dealer washes it for collection

This is much more evident on a darker paint

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post