side cills

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

after some advise please, really love the look of the flat side extended cills and would like a set, can anybody let me know

1. what are the made from
2. how are they fixed
3. any idea where they can be got, other than JAG

Thanks

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Mine has them. Colour coded to car. Get dirty quick but look stunning. Appear to be ABS plastic. Cannot answer 2 & 3
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Mine had them as an option from new. Like Stevie mine get dirty quickly too but I still love them. I've never looked to see how they're fitted. No idea if they're available other than as an OE part.

MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

The sills are part of the exterior design pack , not sure how difficult they are to fit though.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
Tel

Post by Tel »

To answer number 2, please see attached complete Aero Kit installation manual:
AeroKit.pdf
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Without opening the install manual, my understanding from when I was looking into this ... you need to remove the sill panels as the extensions use semi hidden mounts that can only be accessed when the main sill panel is removed.

However, there is a member on here who has installed and he found a body shop that could do it for a very reasonable fee ... I don’t recall his username but hopefully he’ll spot this thread and chip in for you ...

Just a personal view, regardless of the colour of your F-type, I like these in black and not colour coded ... when painted (particularly light colours) I think you loose the sculptured side look and make the flanks of the car look tall and the car shorter ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

So let’s take a step back here as I’ve researched and done this myself at home (no body shop) just paintshop
Firstly any sill extension can be fitted to any sill, even if it did not have them oem. For instance I have the shaped 400 on a 3.0 V6s MY 14
I could have fitted V8 or even SVR has I wanted

The instructions posted refer to replacing sills not adding extensions. You fit them by removing the sills templating around 13 bolt holes and drilling from sills to match. Each sill has corresponding rivnut mountings. It’s very hard to template, but doable with some thought and care and Jag give a clue with a mounting pin at the rear end :)
Ince mounted you refit the sill to the car
They appear to be something like hard abs and can easily be sprayed body or any colour

You can order any sills and bolts from parts depts just with a reg. or chassis number of the style you want
Any more questions ask

Here’s mine fitted to match other mods:

6CCB8239-9F65-4892-8676-A16B905ED85C.jpeg

E9428A66-2E5D-4D60-8392-DD9A3A6A42B4.jpeg

2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

thanks guys,
cj10jeeper I have tried to get just the extended cill, jag will only sell the complete pack (front, back, splitters etc), did you get just the extension if so please give us a clue as to where.

ta
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Really - perhaps needs a different approach
First yes of course I purchased just the sill

I’m not going to publish dealer details online so PM me, but I’ve been buying and fitting parts on cars for 30 years. Jags for 10 and never a question.
You quote a chassis number and they order. It’s not difficult to look in a few dealers or cars and find something you like. Just quote the chassis number and order. At most a reg number is sufficient
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

https://viezu.com/detail/18184/Jaguar_F ... high_gloss#
Hi All,
Have just fitted a set of these to my F-Type and look really good and easy to fit. Just fit using stainless steel screws.

Screenshot_2017-10-18-10-53-42.png

IMG_20180916_162501856.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post