Door won't open - Dealer wants £180 just to investigate.

Anything F-Type related......
Tedster

Post by Tedster »

Hi all.

I've got a problem with the passenger door on my 2014 F Type.

Searching here suggests it's not an unknown issue yet my dealer claims they've never encountered it and want £180 to investigate.

I can't ever recall paying for investigation time before. It's annoyed me somewhat.

Can anyone recommend an independent in Gloucestershire or Bristol that could sort it instead?

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s been standard at dealers for years once outside of warranty
Otherwise everyone would go to a dealer have an issue diagnosed and then go fix it themselves or another garage
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Tedster

Post by Tedster »

And if it takes 10 mins to find the problem they won't charge me? :-)

I usually just book cars in, they fix them and charge me. Not been told this before.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I empathise with the situation, but of course you pay. It’s the time to book, use systems, their skill, not do other paying work, etc.
If you booked in for a service at £200 and the dealer said we struggled and it took longer so it’s £100 more, would you be happy?
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

Find a decent independent - you won't pay for glossy premises but you might get much better service.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Never use a main dealer unless you have a warranty.
Tedster

Post by Tedster »

Going to whip the door card off and have a look myself.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Tedster wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:03 pm Going to whip the door card off and have a look myself.
Much more like it. Nothing to lose, but an hour of your time working out how to remove the door card and check all is connected
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Just a snippet. I bought a set of door card removal tools from local car diy shop. Makes removal without breaking clips so much easier.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Tedster

Post by Tedster »

Doh.

Can't get the door card off because I can't open the door.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post