Ceramic coating advice?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
chicb

Post by chicb »

Your car will definitely have some swirls or marks as the valeters at main dealers are only allowed a certain time to prepare a car. You should at least have 1st stage machine polish. Its pointless spending £450 to lock in the swirls. You have spent a lot buying the car so in the grand scheme of things another couple of hundred is a drop in the ocean getting it looking the best it could be. The cheapest is not the best at detailing. Go & see a couple of detailers checking out their work before deciding.
Have a look at detailing world forum (https://detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php) for lots of advice
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S

Smuggyone

Post by Smuggyone »

Like a few others I went for Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra, including the glass, wheels, and interior (all treated with the appropriate Gtechniq products). I'd highly recommend the product and the results were fantastic. My local detailer is UAS in Llanelli, they were great...

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A% ... PO38ydyUE8
www.facebook.com/Uascarcare/
Ricardo99

Post by Ricardo99 »

I'm getting 3/4 Xpel Ultra PPF wrap fitted, then I'm Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light the uncovered parts, followed by a coat of Gtechniq Halo on the PPF and Exo on the Crystal Serum Light.

Sounds complicated but this is because I've heard if you put a ceramic coat or sealant coat on top of Xpel Ultra PPF it blocks the self repair function.

Anyone got advice on how to protect the Panoramic Sunroof? i.e. do you polish it? ceramic coat it or just pay for the PPF wrap?
Ricardo99

Post by Ricardo99 »

Just spent the weekend washing, polishing and sealing the car.

Used GTechniq all the way, Carwash, followed by P1 Nano Polish, CSL+ Exo on the paintwork and Halo on the PPF...looks belting :)

I think its safer to stick to using the complete line from one company that way you dont run the risk of an chemical imbalances or incompatible treatments
FionasDad

Post by FionasDad »

I’ve not long had my F Type ceramic coated, the Fenlab product is my fave. I had it all done from wheels , paint, roof and full interior.

I’ve had all my cars done and personally I swear by it.

The coating simply protects the serious amount of paint correction required for any car. My F type needed a lot of paint correction and now shines like a new pin
chicb

Post by chicb »

Although as I previously stated that I have my cars ceramic coated, a friend of mine pointed me to Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax. If you have a pretty decent finish to your car, its pretty good without going to the cost of full ceramic coat for only about £15 a bottle.
Basically you wash your car as normal, leave it wet, spray this on & power wash or hose it off then dry your car. Its as simple as that. It leaves a good finish with plenty of beading. Obviously it wont last as long, but for the cost I have started using it every wash, but you don't have to as it will probably last a few washes. Lots of YouTube videos. It gets the thumbs up from me
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

chicb wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 am Although as I previously stated that I have my cars ceramic coated, a friend of mine pointed me to Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax. If you have a pretty decent finish to your car, its pretty good without going to the cost of full ceramic coat for only about £15 a bottle.
Basically you wash your car as normal, leave it wet, spray this on & power wash or hose it off then dry your car. Its as simple as that. It leaves a good finish with plenty of beading. Obviously it wont last as long, but for the cost I have started using it every wash, but you don't have to as it will probably last a few washes. Lots of YouTube videos. It gets the thumbs up from me
I recently seen the Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax while I was in my local Halfords store. It seems like a very good product but I haven't used it yet.

For the past few months I have been using Autoglym Rapid Aquawax. You just spray into onto the car while it's still wet (after washing it) and then use a large microfibre cloth to spread it all over. It gives a stunning deep shine which beads water really well and lasts for ages.......best wax I've used by far!

https://www.autoglym.com/products/bodyw ... mplete-kit
Last edited by RPSN on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Ceramic Coating myths........The truth about Ceramic Coatings.

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
davidd

Post by davidd »

RPSN wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:04 pm
chicb wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 am Although as I previously stated that I have my cars ceramic coated, a friend of mine pointed me to Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax. If you have a pretty decent finish to your car, its pretty good without going to the cost of full ceramic coat for only about £15 a bottle.
I recently seen the Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax while I was in my local Halfords store. It seems like a very good product but I haven't used it yet.

For the past few months I have been using Autoglym Rapid Aquawax. You just spray into onto the car while it's still wet (after washing it) and then use a large microfibre cloth to spread it all over. It gives a stunning deep shine which beads water really well and lasts for ages.......best wax I've used by far!

https://www.autoglym.com/products/bodyw ... mplete-kit
I'm also on the rapidwax which is very good. I have been trying their three stage system.
https://www.autoglym.com/polarpressurewasher
Not convinced yet though.
chicb

Post by chicb »

With the Meguiars, you only have to spread it with a micro fibre the first time you use it on a wet car. Subsequent use, you just spray on wet car & power wash or hose off, then dry as normal.
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post