Sat Nav

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
LozFType

Post by LozFType »

Just bought a 2015 F Type. Lovely car. The sat nav appeared to be in need of updating as two roads systems that I use were significantly altered about 2-3 years ago. I followed the instructions to update and received the message that this was the most up to date version. Really? Are all F Type drivers using sat navs that are over 3 years out of date? If so, I am not impressed Jaguar and what about the health and safety implications.

scm

Post by scm »

Er, what health and safety implications do you think there are?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
LozFType

Post by LozFType »

I was half joking but even though you aren't supposed to rely on sat nav, most drivers blindly follow them. Your standard independent sat nav is updated on a very regular basis. I am surprised the one used in an F Type is so out of date. Clearly that is risky when judged against a std sat nav as the advice it is giving to a driver is inaccurate.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Where did you receive the message saying up to date? On the head unit?

Which system have you got? Good place for map updates is here https://www.jaguar.com/incontrol-global ... dates.html

Pictures, spec, MY and location/country are good starting points to get help from other forum members.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Out of interest I followed the link, for my 2014 R the cost to update the maps on the satnav is £169 plus P&P. Great, but the map update is dated Q3 2017.
I think I could buy a brand new satnav with 2019 maps for that. Think I'll give it a miss this time.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Deleted User 1481

Post by Deleted User 1481 »

The Jaguar site is a disgrace when it comes to getting information on updating maps. It's littered with broken links and almost impossible to find any useful information.
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

simpleR wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:25 pm Where did you receive the message saying up to date? On the head unit?

Which system have you got? Good place for map updates is here https://www.jaguar.com/incontrol-global ... dates.html

Pictures, spec, MY and location/country are good starting points to get help from other forum members.
I have successfully updated my maps twice in the last year from this link - not the speediest solution, but works fine............
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera
Deleted User 1481

Post by Deleted User 1481 »

Where is the SD card slot in an MY17? Anyone know? It's not in the central console
DarkLumen

Post by DarkLumen »

This is great simpleR I've never been able to find a link that works and its always moaning its out of date. Downloaded some new maps and ready to install tonight :D
LozFType

Post by LozFType »

To update I simply removed the SD card from the centre console, accessed the sat nav official site as stated in the car owners manual and followed the directions to update. Worked fine first time but when I replaced it in the car the two or three significant road changes I was aware of that had been completed 2-4 years ago were still not included, so I tried again to update in case the process had failed. This time I received a message to say something along the lines of "no more updates". Can any of you more experienced Jaguar owners confirm that Jaguar sat nav are often significantly out of date. Other satnavs I have used have been updated perhaps twice yearly.