Can't get it fixed!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
chicb

Post by chicb »

As Sturgess are now posting on this site, they are now concerned about their reputation as they have basically done not a lot during the month they have had your car. It looks as though they are finally getting their act together. Credit to them for posting as most dealers would just hide in the bunker & hope it goes away. Going by previous posts they do seem to have a good reputation, but nowadays it can be quickly destroyed by a few keyboard clicks. You should not have to name & shame before companies react.
Hope you get it resolved quickly now to your satisfaction.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Surely this must be an isolated incident ?
Good though that the dealer has decided to respond.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Nick

Post by Nick »

Big plus for Sturgess for posting, hope it all gets sorted
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s pleasing to see that as soon as the dealers name is shown, then being a smart and aware dealer they have people and systems to monitor, track and respond. Before then they cannot see anything
It’s not a name and shame, just an effective communication channel
For sure some will say dealers should respond quicker to normal issues, but I’d wager this is for some reason an exception. We never see long posts about the good service to hundreds of cases
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Bear in mind that Sturgess joined the forums today so I would anticipate they will receive the same courtesy as all new members do.
chicb

Post by chicb »

Saying its an isolated incident or exceptional reason is not going to be much of an uplift to the person whose car has been sitting at a main dealer since 1st May. Anyone can look at these forums & its not just a coincidence that they are posting after being named as I doubt there are many F types sitting at main dealers with these symptoms. Its damage limitation.
If you think its ok for your car to be off the road for that amount of time without having any significant work done on it, you must be very easy going & this is just them starting to find out whats wrong with it. Who knows when it will be resolved.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

PhilB wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:28 pm Bear in mind that Sturgess joined the forums today so I would anticipate they will receive the same courtesy as all new members do.
Being asked to post photos?😂
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Agree with chicb, damage limitation when a car has been sitting with them VOR since May 1st.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
davidd

Post by davidd »

Clearly it is damage limitation but it would be good even at this late point if they engage and we find out what has happened and what is being done.
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Give the guy a like for like replacement and fix the car. If you can’t fix it, give him the like for like. It’s simple.

To hand over £73,000 on a luxury item (I defy anyone to tell me they NEED an impractical 2 seater 400bhp sports car) and then have it taken away for that long after exchanging all that money is shocking. Great that Sturgess has shown up to post but the guy is still without an F-Type...
MY20 F-Type P340

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post