UBIGI sim card, software updates

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

PhilB wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:46 pm
johnsoncp wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:06 pm Thank you. Until now I had never heard of UBIGI. The display on the car shows 4g but it's not working so I assume it's run out of data. Perhaps the dealers forgot something or used the data but I really can't be bothered messing around with something so stupid. If free causes me a lot of work and trouble then it's no good.
Numerous posts about these Ubigi Sims using the monthly allocation in under 2 weeks.
When I collected mine we put in a new 3 12Gb Sim and it connected straight away.
It's used 79 mb in the first 2 weeks with just mobile data activated.
I get the impression that the dealers are pretty fed up with Ubigi and the aggravation they are having with them.
Thanks Phil.

In addition to buying the 3 12Gb card I ordered the 3 free 200Mb per month card. Funny enough the free one arrived in 18 hours. I'm still waiting for the paid one which has been a couple of days so far. I've not tried it yet.

Regards, Chris
2019 White P300 Coupe

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

This may be of some help to you guys with the latest unit. Mine does not have the sim , only the Jaguar fitted for assistance & emergency. This is an I-pace/e-pace but guess the system functions are the same.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ub ... ORM=VRDGAR
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

steviegtr wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:04 pm This may be of some help to you guys with the latest unit. Mine does not have the sim , only the Jaguar fitted for assistance & emergency. This is an I-pace/e-pace but guess the system functions are the same.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ub ... ORM=VRDGAR
Thank you. This is extremely useful.
2019 White P300 Coupe
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

Just an update. The '3' Sim card arrived. Put it in the car and that's it. Works.
2019 White P300 Coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post