Exhaust Note

Anything F-Type related......
TPH 3

Post by TPH 3 »

Hi Guys

I have a P300 Dynamic...its all I could afford! Is it just me or does pressing the exhaust button or putting the drive into dynamic seems to make no difference to the exhaust sound? I was hoping that the button would have some effect.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi there,

Not experienced the P300 but it certainly ought to have an audible difference. I'm not sure where the valves are positioned on the P300 back box but might be worth getting someone to activate the button while you look to make sure the little actuator rods are moving.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

Maybe it's because of the new EU regulations and particulate filters, but my V6 2019 is also is much quieter on idle, in thsi case the button makes nearly no difference anymore. Only when driving you notice a great distinction
Parfect

Post by Parfect »

You should hear a difference with the P300. Also noticeable on start up, as the valves open initially, as well as when active exhaust opened. What I have noticed since the software update for emissions is that I no longer get crackles and pops. Where it used to do it on over run it doesn’t anymore.
Fife Based 20MY V6 P380
Silver
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

When I had a 2019 registered 2L for the weekend, the active exhaust did make a very minor difference, but it was pretty negligible I felt. Managed to get odd crackle or pop but you had to be really trying!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

early 2019 here.
there's a slight difference during idle but minor.
I only get a pop or two when letting of the gas but when you frequently tap on the gas pedal without increasing the revs in lets say 3-4-5 gear on deceleration and being in the 3000 - 5000 rpm range I can make it pop constantly until my wife gets bored of it :D
Nick
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
scm

Post by scm »

SOLDES wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:50 am... I can make it pop constantly until my wife gets bored of it :D
If your wife gets bored of the pops you ought to consider replacing her! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

SOLDES wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:50 am early 2019 here.
there's a slight difference during idle but minor.
I only get a pop or two when letting of the gas but when you frequently tap on the gas pedal without increasing the revs in lets say 3-4-5 gear on deceleration and being in the 3000 - 5000 rpm range I can make it pop constantly until my wife gets bored of it :D
Nick
Still works for the V6 too by the way, really love doing this. :D

However I noticed that if you try it for too long on the same gear it will stop and you won't get any crackles until changing to another gear.
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

It's more my childish grin while doing so then the car she gets bored of :lol:
Come to think of it maybe that's another reason to … uhh nevermind
scm wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:08 am
SOLDES wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:50 am... I can make it pop constantly until my wife gets bored of it :D
If your wife gets bored of the pops you ought to consider replacing her! :D
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

Had my P300 for just a few weeks. Only done 130 miles so far. Pressing the noisy exhaust button makes a subtle increase at idle. Not taken above 4000rpm as following the running in instructions. Not aware that it has ever crackled or popped yet.
2019 White P300 Coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post