Steering Wheel Customisation

Anything F-Type related......
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Bloody Social Media ‘Influencers’ are costing me a fortune 😂

A Jaguar Estate owner Big Blue Taxi has just had his steering wheel customised by this company...

https://controlcsw.com/

They are in Devon. You need to remove steering wheel & post it too them.

Has anyone removed their F-Type steering wheel or does anyone have a guide on how to remove? This will be done during the winter when my car is hibernating.

TIA
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

basher

Post by basher »

DaddyDarren wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:45 pm Bloody Social Media ‘Influencers’ are costing me a fortune 😂
Don't listen to the voices in your head / on social media. :?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Allways liked the carbon and leather combo....alcantara seems to not wear well
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Pretty easy job to remove the wheel, just the usual airbag safety measures. Don't have a guide to hand but it is in the manual. Can look up for you when you get to that point
I replaced mine with a brand new SVR wheel shortly after purchase. Needed to swap the internal wires and buttons across as not directly compatible.

Take a look at Royal Steering Wheels who come highly recommended from former car clubs I've been with
http://royalsteeringwheels.com/
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

They have some very nice wheels on their site! I had alcantara before but would not want it again. Too much maintenance :)
Btw, is the flat bottom wheel smaller then the standard wheel? It's the one thing I miss from my previous car and consider swapping.
Thanks
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
scm

Post by scm »

I think the flat-bottomed wheel is the same size, but is "chunkier" so feels good in the hands. Assuming you like feeling a chunkier wheel, of course! Best to find one to try before you decide.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

basher wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:30 am
DaddyDarren wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:45 pm Bloody Social Media ‘Influencers’ are costing me a fortune 😂
Don't listen to the voices in your head / on social media. :?
Normally don’t succumb to marketing. However, Insta is ‘making’ me buy work tools I didn’t think I needed & now a customised steering wheel I have to have 😄 Once you seen it, that’s it 😂

If, I can get the thing off 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Gasman2 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:47 am Allways liked the carbon and leather combo....alcantara seems to not wear well
Have read about the Alan Carr shining up. However, I’ve a very light touch & don’t think it would be an issue. Lots of choices though.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:14 am Pretty easy job to remove the wheel, just the usual airbag safety measures. Don't have a guide to hand but it is in the manual. Can look up for you when you get to that point
I replaced mine with a brand new SVR wheel shortly after purchase. Needed to swap the internal wires and buttons across as not directly compatible.

Take a look at Royal Steering Wheels who come highly recommended from former car clubs I've been with
http://royalsteeringwheels.com/
Thank you for this. Helpful as always 👍

Found a couple of crib sheets on the US forum. The centre air bag seems to detach from the rear of the steering wheel using a special tool that looks like a bent flat screwdriver. Just a couple of clips.

The actual steering wheel needs another special tool, a ‘locking clock-spring’. Did you have this?
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

scm wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:12 pm I think the flat-bottomed wheel is the same size, but is "chunkier" so feels good in the hands. Assuming you like feeling a chunkier wheel, of course! Best to find one to try before you decide.
They can reshape the round steering wheel into a flat version & either add width or reduce to suit. What a great business.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post