F type Ceramic Brakes - Owner Experiences

Anything F-Type related......
Chamon_lee

Post by Chamon_lee »

Hi All

Looking to get some advise. Seems to be a few F types coming up for sale with ceramic brakes.
I want to get some feedback from actual owners who have these.

I know they perform well and perform better than steelies on harder runs etc

What I want to know is the reliablity of them. changing pad costs I dont mind as I know they are more than traditional pads, even if I had some rotten luck and damaged a ceramic disc and had to change one I dont mind but the idea of changing all of them any time soon due to wear and tear would make my teeth fall out.

So my question is who has them - how mant miles have you done and do you have any idea what you are expecting in terms of usage out of them. There seems to be plenty of porsche owners that say they have the same discs for the life of the car 100k plus miles however not a lot of information on jaguar CBBs

Tel

Post by Tel »

Don't expect anyone that has CCM's to also be able to afford a computer to answer you ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Chamon_lee

Post by Chamon_lee »

Tel wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:57 pm Don't expect anyone that has CCM's to also be able to afford a computer to answer you ;-)
that doesn't sound very positive :lol:
V8FTW

Post by V8FTW »

Yes I’ve had them

Need to be looked after

I’ve got through front pads in 20k which cost £1k to replace

In the end the discs were fooked at 25k as I’d driven it too hard and delaminated the face of the disc.

They need to be looked after, which means being cooled after hard use

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
F-TYPE R, Carbon Ceramics + Forged Wheels, ALL the Carbon Fibre - Mirrors, Side Power Vents, Bonnet Vents, Front Splitter & Interior Console
Nick

Post by Nick »

Did you track it by any chance?
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
tjs

Post by tjs »

V8FTW wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:46 pm Yes I’ve had them

Need to be looked after

I’ve got through front pads in 20k which cost £1k to replace

In the end the discs were fooked at 25k as I’d driven it too hard and delaminated the face of the disc.

They need to be looked after, which means being cooled after hard use

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very, very interested to hear more given I think I've just bought your old car! (The car had a private plate on there the same as your username, since removed, Italian Racing Red R Coupe).

I was told the discs and pads were replaced a few months ago, which sounds about right given I bought it at 26 or 27k miles.

What sort of driving resulted in them delaminating? I'm planning on doing the odd track day with the car, as well as fast road driving, and really hoping to not have to replace the discs in that small amount of mileage.

Edit: Actually the car I bought had the reg plate "V8 FTY" not "V8 FTW", so probably not your car! But oddly was told the same thing that rotors and pads were changed at about 25k miles.
Crickettxx

Post by Crickettxx »

Well, my car has the ceramic pack. I only got this, as I bought the car used, and the option effectively did not cost me much (depreciation and all). I would not have splurged for this as an option new (only because it is so expensive).

That said, I have had absolutely no issues. Good performance and at the rate they're wearing currently, I won't have to replace the pads for quite some time (and the rotors should last the whole time I own the car). The caveat here is that I do not push the car hard on a track. I take nice long road trips, where the hardest work they get is coming down the back side of a mountain pass (or at least what passes for mountains here in NZ). The bonus here is there is zero brake dust and my wheels are always clean.
MY2015 Dark Sapphire V6 S Convertible

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post