Cross member bracing corrosion warranty?

Anything F-Type related......
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Took mine in today to Jaguar Derby, waste of time, the technician said it’s not corroded enough to warrant a replacement! I despair on a less than 2 year old car with £15K on clock i dont expect to see any red rust corrosion albeit light? I’m visiting my supplying dealer on Friday for it’s complimentary second service so I’ll take this up with them there. I’ve also noticed some rust starting on the rear drive shafts. Really poor this on a £110K supercar, I’ve seen 15 year old German Cars with less underbody corrosion.

KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Guys I forgot to mention does the SSM state the level of corrosion required prior to replacement, does it have to penetrate the frames or just be evident as red rust.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

KK3960 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm Took mine in today to Jaguar Derby, waste of time, the technician said it’s not corroded enough to warrant a replacement! I despair on a less than 2 year old car with £15K on clock i dont expect to see any red rust corrosion albeit light? I’m visiting my supplying dealer on Friday for it’s complimentary second service so I’ll take this up with them there. I’ve also noticed some rust starting on the rear drive shafts. Really poor this on a £110K supercar, I’ve seen 15 year old German Cars with less underbody corrosion.
Mine is 2yrs old and Derby replaced it 2/3 weeks ago.
The update from Derby was that mine was the last.
My comments here. It's not the dealer unfortunately....

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3625&start=20#p34606
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Yep i should have actioned this when I bought the car earlier in the year. I still don’t understand what constitutes a claim under the normal warranty for corrosion and why it can’t be done under that route?
scm

Post by scm »

The SSM says:

If any of the Rear Under body braces are exhibiting red rust corrosion, replace them with the new part number as listed below, and submit an EPQR with photo's attached of the concern and quoting this SSM.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Many thanks for this and all your info posts folks, I spoke again with Derby today, trusting them with the car as they have undertaken several of these replacements already, and asked them to qualify what constitutes corrosion under the normal warranty as the SSM stated exactly this. They very kindly have spoken with Jaguar Warranty Hub, made a strong case and I’m very pleased to say Jaguar have taken this on board and will replace the parts with the enhanced ones :D . I’m so glad it’s been satisfactorily resolved. I’m now awaiting a date to have this work undertaken. I love these cars and wanted to trade up for an SVR but was extremely reluctant knowing the thing might rot. I’m much happier now it’s finally been resolved knowing I won’t have issues with mine in the short term future.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Excellent result and another +1 for Derby
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Yes they will be getting all my future services, we are locating into the area so it’s good to know there’s a great local dealer.

Guys, is it just the 3 braces that are replaced, are all the bolts replaced?

Ive also read somewhere that someone has claimed for other new corroded underbody parts?
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Was all bolts too on mine.

5 part numbers and 22 items in total (8+4+4+5+1).
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Mine is going in to main dealer on a Friday for them to have a look at the corrosion. They are charging me £100 plus vat to just look at it, and then ask JLR if they will replace the parts. They told me that because the car is out of warranty, it will be looked at with a view to a good will repair, but I will not get my 100 quid back even if they agree to fix it!

Great customer service NOT!! ☹️
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post