Loose lead under car

Anything F-Type related......
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Gents after my outing today I noticed a loose lead hanging from under the car at the rear on the O/S drivers side above the silencer (V8R) It looks like it comes from the boot via a grommet on the drivers side. I took a photo with my hand under the rear bumper holding my phone but it’s not that clear, I’ll post it up shortly, it’s the smaller grommet and lead to the left of the pic. Two grommets emanate from above the car directly over the RHS tail pipe (V8R) silencer.

Can anyone put their hand up behind the rear drivers side exhaust (UK) silencer identify the 2 grommets and follow the lead down with their hand and trace the smaller wire for me, or does anyone have a manual or PDF of the rear wiring loom. It looks like a sensor lead but there is no plug on the end or any apparent faults on the car? My first thoughts are external temp sensor?

Thanks

Tel

Post by Tel »

External temp sensor is in the mirror housing.

Could be one of your reversing sensors:

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 12.05.22.png

Depending on the type of connector (photo would be needed), it could be a light connector also:

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 12.19.43.png

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Thanks for this, just seen the post it’s not a parking sensor or the reverse light, although the reverse light connector at the bottom of the bumper was loose so i cabled tied that firm, it looks like the one in the bottom pic with the 6 purple clips on it? My photobucket account is full so I can’t upload any pics until I delete some, I’ll get on this.

What’s the connector in the bottom pic top left of the photo ?
PDE

Post by PDE »

The one highlighted in red is the initiators for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

The rear initiators are located at the rear of the rear wheel arches, behind the fender splash shields. Each initiator has a
connector which connects to the vehicle body harness.

Not sure about the longer cable will have a look over the Manual.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System2.jpg

Tire Pressure Monitoring System.JPG

F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..
scm

Post by scm »

KK3960 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 pm on the O/S driver's side ...
Since we don't know your location, it'd be helpful if you made it clear if your driver is on the left or right - could make a difference to the advice offered. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Yep it’s O/S drivers side as original post, it’s the sensor directly above the one you’ve highlighted in red, top left of pic. Thanks
PDE

Post by PDE »

if you have it as an option the long cable is for the Right Blindspot Monitoring Control Module (BMCM).

Phil
F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..
scm

Post by scm »

KK3960 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:45 am Yep it’s O/S drivers side as original post
<sigh> Yes, but you've just said the same thing twice, O/S==driver's side. What you haven't made clear is whether you're LHD or RHD, so we know where your O/S is. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Original Post again, second paragraph (UK) car :D :D

I took the car in today to the local dealer and it was indeed confirmed it’s a redundant cable which appears to confirm the option so it was re-fixed to the loom so alls good, thanks again for your help guys, very much appreciated, it’s great having a brill knowledge base forum.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post