Cancelling N/S mirror dip on reverse?

Anything F-Type related......
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Is it possible folks to cancel the n/s mirror dip when in reverse gear? I searched through the settings today but can’t seem to find a menu option for mirrors?

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Al I know is when I reverse into garage I adjust it further down so I miss my motorcycle lifter. The next time I reverse it dips down to that last position I put it. Using that as theory. Select reverse & then manually adjust the mirror back to your normal position. Then next time you reverse maybe it will stay in the position you set it. Just a thought. ?
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

@ Steve,
YEs there's a setting for this
You should b able to access it via the menu in the instrument binnacle.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:33 pm Al I know is when I reverse into garage I adjust it further down so I miss my motorcycle lifter. The next time I reverse it dips down to that last position I put it. Using that as theory. Select reverse & then manually adjust the mirror back to your normal position. Then next time you reverse maybe it will stay in the position you set it. Just a thought. ?
That depends on the MY - I believe early models remember the setting whereas mine (MY18) onwards don't. For me that makes it unusable as the fixed setting for dip is much too low. My workaround is to adjust the mirror down to my preferred setting and store it in memory 3, but it's such a faff that I rarely use it. I just disable the auto-dip (Vehicle Settings in the menu) and live without it. My 2010 XKR did "the right thing", shame Jaguar screwed it up in the F-Type.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
KK3960

Post by KK3960 »

Ok that’s great many thanks for the advice.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post