Low battery issue after first MOT and health check.

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

ninetails wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:34 pmOnce you have driven away the car will have to be booked in again ...
Not really, just disconnect the battery for a few minutes and you're done. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

scm wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:17 pm I coincide my car service and MOT at the same time (or will do when it's 3 years old) so it only goes to the "hospital" once a year. I use a very competent independent in Southampton and have never had problems after servicing any of my 3 previous Jaguars and the F-Type - he does a great job at a reasonable price.
I've tried searching a few times for an independent near here but there is no one. Closest seems to be Glasgow which is around a 140 mile round trip!
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

ninetails wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:34 pm Just some added info. I also have the MOT done at the same time as the service, and have read on the American site that quite a few people have had the battery warning message after they have put their cars in for their emissions test, so this problem could be caused at the MOT test for the same reasons given in my earlier post. I had my 3 year service and MOT done at same time last year, at the same Jaguar dealer, with no problems. So It can be done correctly if the correct procedure is followed, What I shall do in future, and would suggest other people do the same, when picking up car after a service, is before unlocking the doors (if keyless entry keep key fob away from car) look through the side window to see if the light in the door locks and the red warning triangle are still on, if they are I will refuse to take the car away until they finish the job. Once you have driven away the car will have to be booked in again, you know what it is like. If electrical system is shutting down correctly lights in door locks will turn off in approx. 1 minute followed by the red triangle in approx.10 minutes after locking the doors.
I think that's a good idea to not accept the car back until the hazard light goes out. Dealerships need to learn from their mistakes.
rbs

Post by rbs »

This has been discussed on the American forum at length. Just happened to me. Simple fix:

Disconnect the battery (either post) for 30 second.
When you place the cable back on the battery the alarm will sound. Turn it off with the key fob door close button.
Go have a cup of tea and wait 30 minutes.

Take your car for a good drive and everything will be fine until the next reset (someone not clearing codes or about 1.5 years).

Cheers
Polaris White 2016 S Coupe Manual short shifter 6-Speed
black side skirts, Mina Gallery Hood & Side Vents
w/ 20" 5-Split Spoke Tornados (5039's)
zirconiated

Post by zirconiated »

scm wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:17 pm I coincide my car service and MOT at the same time (or will do when it's 3 years old) so it only goes to the "hospital" once a year. I use a very competent independent in Southampton and have never had problems after servicing any of my 3 previous Jaguars and the F-Type - he does a great job at a reasonable price.
HI, who is the Independent you use please.
TIA
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Fast forward 1 year - car went in for its MOT with Pentland JLR Dundee again and the same thing has happened. Car flew through the MOT (less than 10,000 miles on clock) and when I got home and shut it down, I noticed the hazard and door lock lights would not go out. This is 2 years in a row that these absolute muppets have done this.

I have zero technical knowledge but thanks to digging up some good info from past threads on here and on another Jaguar forum, I was able to disconnect the battery myself and all order has been restored. The Tyre Pressure readings are showing as 0 but I'm guessing they will calibrate when the vehicle has been driven.

Didn't bother calling the service manager because I would have lost my temper.

Pentland JLR Dundee - Incompetent bunch of clowns.
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Same thing happened to me after MOT. The MOT was not done in house, dealer took it elsewhere. I guess MOT people used the OBD port.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
Tel

Post by Tel »

A lot of MOT centres are too lazy to read the VIN number and establish the car details, so they access the OBD port and extract the data that way.

As we are all well aware, this is fine with very few OBD tools, but the majority will leave the car in a state of Limbo.

I didn't want people connecting/disconnecting willy, nilly so bought myself an OBD lockable cover. Been in through services with JPR no problem...I just tell them what's fitted and that I don't want any updates...thanks all the same!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Tel wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:11 pm A lot of MOT centres are too lazy to read the VIN number and establish the car details, so they access the OBD port and extract the data that way.

As we are all well aware, this is fine with very few OBD tools, but the majority will leave the car in a state of Limbo.

I didn't want people connecting/disconnecting willy, nilly so bought myself an OBD lockable cover. Been in through services with JPR no problem...I just tell them what's fitted and that I don't want any updates...thanks all the same!
What I really don't understand is - There must be a lot of people who receive their car back and drive it home only to be greeted with a low battery warning later that day or next day. Or, am I unique in that they're reserving their cr@p service for me specifically??!! I just don't get it - Surely it is happening to loads of folk and they would have nipped it in the bud a long time ago? It's just disgraceful service IMO.
badger

Post by badger »

Dazarooni wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:53 pm
Tel wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:11 pm A lot of MOT centres are too lazy to read the VIN number and establish the car details, so they access the OBD port and extract the data that way.

What I really don't understand is - There must be a lot of people who receive their car back and drive it home only to be greeted with a low battery warning later that day or next day. Or, am I unique in that they're reserving their cr@p service for me specifically??!! I just don't get it - Surely it is happening to loads of folk and they would have nipped it in the bud a long time ago? It's just disgraceful service IMO.
your not alone. after picking mine up and having a 200 mile round trip my car had this issue, jaguar assist (aa) come out, jump started it but same thing happened next day. another jump start back to dealer then next day covid lockdown happened, they had car for 7 weeks! luckily i had a f type courtesy car although i couldn't go anywhere because of restrictions. :D
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post