More EU interference on the way

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I posted on another thread regarding politics on here.
Let's leave the politics out please.

Thanks.

santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Read this in our local paper. I doubt this will ever affect south Africa though.

20190912_081643.jpg

F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Glaf

Post by Glaf »

basher wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:15 am The BBC news ran the story this morning.

Totally f***ing pissed me off, TBH. :evil:

Speeding is NOT the issue.

It's dicks on their phones.
Dicks who are drunk/drug driving.
Dicks who perform stupid overtakes.
Dicks who tailgate.
Dicks who cut in at the last second.

I see ridiculous driving every day on my commute - and all of it below the speed limit.
And don’t forget the brake dabbers! 😡
It really irritates me when I’m following one, they tend to drive along at half the speed limit, continually dabbing the brake unnecessarily!

One of the causes of unsafe overtaking!

Oh and what about the dicks that undertake on motorways!
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
scm

Post by scm »

Glaf wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:39 pm Oh and what about the dicks that undertake on motorways!
They're almost as bad as the dicks who hog the overtaking lanes when there's nothing on the inside lanes to overtakes! :evil:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

scm wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 pm
Glaf wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:39 pm Oh and what about the dicks that undertake on motorways!
They're almost as bad as the dicks who hog the overtaking lanes when there's nothing on the inside lanes to overtakes! :evil:
The A1M dual section is a very busy road and a good example.
The inside lane is congested with trucks doing 60mph and you are stuck in the outside lane which is also congested with vehicles doing 70 (unless there’s an average speed check in force).
One of the vehicles behind you decides to undertake and squeeze into one of the safe gaps in front of you. Unfortunately when this happens all the vehicles in the outside lane close up to stop the undertaker pulling out and the safe breaking distances are reduced dramatically, I see it all the time......
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Glaf wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:58 pm
scm wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 pm
The A1M dual section is a very busy road and a good example.
The inside lane is congested with trucks doing 60mph and you are stuck in the outside lane which is also congested with vehicles doing 70 (unless there’s an average speed check in force).
One of the vehicles behind you decides to undertake and squeeze into one of the safe gaps in front of you. Unfortunately when this happens all the vehicles in the outside lane close up to stop the undertaker pulling out and the safe breaking distances are reduced dramatically, I see it all the time......
Come and drive in the Middle East for a week and you'll appreciate how good the driving in UK generally is!
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

If you want to know more about ISA, it’s operation, downsides, upsides and trial conclusions here is a link to a findings on our EU website.

Part of it addresses concerns raised on this thread.

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_saf ... ion_isa_en
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

From a positive point of view does this mean it will be impossible to get speeding tickets with the associated fines and points? Every speed camera scrapped, smart motoway cameras removed? ;)
2019 White P300 Coupe