Using USB for Music

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Update - software update completed today along with cross members replaced under warranty - so that sounds positive - not sure if it will have fixed the USB issue - we will see - be interesting to see if the software update gives any of the new features.

Car being returned tomorrow - only thing i noticed is that the in-control app shows odometer reading as zero?? which i have told the dealership - who have said i will have to delete and re-install the app on my iphone due to software update on vehicle - so not sure about that - does that sound correct?

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I would have thought that sounded logical.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

Backofthenet wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:29 pm Car being returned tomorrow - only thing i noticed is that the in-control app shows odometer reading as zero?? which i have told the dealership - who have said i will have to delete and re-install the app on my iphone due to software update on vehicle - so not sure about that - does that sound correct?
I'd just try logging out of the app and logging in again first, can't imagine why the app would need to be reinstalled.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

yes thanks

all seems to be working now - had a scare with the radio being froze on DAB band but disconnected phone/usb and restarted car and now all seems to be working OK. Also new features available due to software update - not sure if they will work yet, interface seems faster as well

and rusty cross members replaced !!
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

I've done a bit of testing with this as, frustratingly, my original USB didn't work even though it was a USB 3.0 in FAT 32 128Gb and my other USB's slightly older were in NTFS format. The Media Centre just kept say media type not recognised. Windows 10 only supports FAT 32 up to 32GB to format a drive so i tried formatting with a Apple Mac (they dont use a true FAT32 as FAT32 is a Windows 95 Format). After trying several USB Drives i got an 8GB drive working on Windows Formatted Fat32 so in the end i went out and bought a new Kingston DataTraveller 64GB FAT32 USB G4, they are £15! Jaguar says you can use up to 128GB but my original 128GB DataTraveller G4 didn't work even though it worked in my previous 2012 Jag XF and my 2015 Discovery which uses Jag Infotainment System

Tested Formats That Work
MP3, M4A, WMA, AAC, FLAC all work

192kbps
265kbps
320kbps

I've also seen you can use avi, wmv, mpg, mp4, mkv and mov Video formats, but i wouldnt recommend watching a movie whilst driving!

current model 2019 F-Type Jaaag R-Dynamic Chequered Flag V6s with all the pops and whistles
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Just to report back - havent had any USB issues since software upgrade -system sometimes doesnt start when i start the car and takes time to load but apart from that seems OK