Potential New Buyer - Best Colours?

Anything F-Type related......
FlyingSouvlaki

Post by FlyingSouvlaki »

Hi all,

I'm in a lucky position with a new job, so I'm considering becoming a first time owner of an F-Type. I've been looking at a used (around 15-16MY) V8 AWD Coupe, I've been to see one in the flesh already. It was a burnt orange (or sand is it called?) colour, and IMHO it was absolutely beautiful.

I've missed the boat on that particular car, and since noticed they're not that common. It brings me onto my very subjective question;

Are there any colours you all think are as nice as the orange one? Having not seen any others in the flesh, I cannot judge! We currently have two white cars, so unfortunately I think white is out for the F-Type.

If there are any other suggestions about what to look out for, I'd very much appreciate it. I am completely new to Jaguar ownership.

Thanks!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I don't think there is a wrong colour. Whatever your preference is and then there is black, chrome or carbon finishes plus wheels to consider as well to complete the look.

History checks are available. PM me a reg for spec/details as I can lookup VIN numbers so you can see servicing history, specification from Topix and internet history without visiting potential cars.

Happy hunting.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

The "orange" is called Firesand and, as you've observed, it's a fabulous colour. However, the F-Type looks great in any colour, and as you're new here I'm prepared to overlook your comments about white! ;)

Italian Racing Red is another "in your face" colour, which a few on here have.

Welcome aboard and good luck with your search!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Arne

Post by Arne »

MY15 model in IRR with black pack.

20180727_141033.jpg

F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
FlyingSouvlaki

Post by FlyingSouvlaki »

scm wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:51 pm The "orange" is called Firesand and, as you've observed, it's a fabulous colour. However, the F-Type looks great in any colour, and as you're new here I'm prepared to overlook your comments about white! ;)

Italian Racing Red is another "in your face" colour, which a few on here have.

Welcome aboard and good luck with your search!
:lol: I never said anything wrong about White! After all, I have two of them already!

That Red is lovely too Arne :o
Tel

Post by Tel »

FlyingSouvlaki wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:09 pm Hi all,

I'm in a lucky position with a new job, so I'm considering becoming a first time owner of an F-Type. I've been looking at a used (around 15-16MY) V8 AWD Coupe, I've been to see one in the flesh already. It was a burnt orange (or sand is it called?) colour, and IMHO it was absolutely beautiful.

I've missed the boat on that particular car, and since noticed they're not that common. It brings me onto my very subjective question;

Are there any colours you all think are as nice as the orange one? Having not seen any others in the flesh, I cannot judge! We currently have two white cars, so unfortunately I think white is out for the F-Type.

If there are any other suggestions about what to look out for, I'd very much appreciate it. I am completely new to Jaguar ownership.

Thanks!
All F's look good in whatever colour you choose.

You might consider buying a suitable car with the options that you require, but maybe the colour might not be your first choice, and then have it wrapped. There's some better oranges around now that Firesand in vinyl wrap....and you've protected your original paintwork for top resale value.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

When I bought last year I was looking for Salsa Red, Firesand or White. I bought White as it had all the spec I wanted. I had a few must have options and a few that I wanted but weren't deal breakers. I was fortunate to find a car with all and more.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
JohnG123

Post by JohnG123 »

Mine might be for sale soon.

FBDEA73F-965E-418B-93D4-4A73430F59E9.jpeg

FlyingSouvlaki

Post by FlyingSouvlaki »

JohnG123 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:54 pm Mine might be for sale soon.FBDEA73F-965E-418B-93D4-4A73430F59E9.jpeg
Could be interested John! That's a beauty!
Keep me posted.
Cheers
davidd

Post by davidd »

All the colours look great, black however is generally more batman which is a good thing ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post