Common Sense

Non F-Type related topics... Have a look inside!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

"Ahh, but I've got a 4x4"

Unfortunately there's no substitute for it...

Common Sense.JPG

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

scm

Post by scm »

"Common sense" is a misnomer - it's not at all common. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I think some people miss the thought that all the seals that keep the water out of the cabin also turn the vehicle into a potential boat, sitting on 4 small contact points that can easily be turned into non-contact points by moving water hitting the slab-sided beast. It only needs the first wheel to be dislodged and you're waving bye bye.

Good luck with the conversation with the insurance company on that one...
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Digressing slightly from the OP topic, there was some shocking driving on the roads today. I have some dashcam footage of truly biblical rain and two lorries in full slipstream mode a metre apart at 56mph. And another lorry driver swerving around for miles and when I come past in traffic, yes he is typing on his phone and appeared to be operating the steering wheel with his knees. Just two examples (not picking in lorries at all).

Back on track now, either it's a lack of common sense, Darwin's rule trying to apply or the feeling of invincibility when in a vehicle.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

It'll be on Copart for sale soon. Slight water damage. Easy repair.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

For something similar my Jeep has sink / basin drains in the floor wells. Water comes in rapidly and drains out equally fast.
I’d rather be on the bottom of a lake or river and getting drive and risk wet than losing traction.
I can ford 1.5m deep water and if I keep going no water comes in (bow wave and some other tech stuff). 2m is snorkel and various axles and box breathers at a max, but it can get wet...
My daughter co-pilot screams tell me how deep the water is..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post