Which f type

Anything F-Type related......
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Ok
I have some spare money for the first time in 40 years ha ha
Always fancied an f type
I've discounted the V8 versions as it'll be a daily driver and I guess the wear and tear plus fuel etc will be expensive plus probably not the most practical in the city. Anyway I can't afford a newish one.
There are lots of nearly new P300 r designs about with as little as 50 or up to 5000 miles on them for 40k to 45k
Or P380 r designs on 17 plate creeping in at my budget but 2 years old and higher miles and obviously used cars
What do you think?
My 265 bhp BMW 330 is plenty fast enough for me

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Go and drive them yourself to see which one suits you. I drove all variants before ordering a P380. To me they all drive beautifully but the 300 lacks the theatre of the supercharged models and the character of the V6 was my preference
scm

Post by scm »

Good advice from GusA. I would say that the V8 is perfectly practical as a daily driver, subject to how much stuff you need to carry, the convertible boot isn't very big but the coupe boot is bigger than you'd think (assuming you thnk it's not very big!). As you note, you'll be paying for fuel with the V8 but I dont think it's that much less efficient than the V6 unless you drive it hard. And maintenance isn't excessively expensive either, especially if you find a competent independent rather than paying for the glossy main dealer premises. Main costs are fuel and tyres.

But whatever you choose, you'll have a gorgeous looking car and it's quite rare so you won't see many others around.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
M@r]{

Post by M@r]{ »

Don't discount the V8. On a run you can realistically get over 36mpg. Servicing isn't expensive either. Has my annual at Sturgess Jaguar, £333 :) The engine size will have little impact on whether you consider an F-Type a good daily.
=========================
MY2019 Mclaren 720s Performance
MY2006 Lotus Exige "GT3"
MY2008 Westfield Megablade Track Car
MY2012 VW Camper (the family getaway / track car tow vehicle)
MY2013 Range Rover Evoque (the missus car)
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

To be honest just go with what your budget will allow, go for new as good discounts on Carwow as a example
any model or engine I am sure you will be pleased with.

I would love a V8 ! but am I unhappy with my V6 340bhp .. definitely not .. you can lose your license in a few days with all the models
I have had my F Type coupe for nearly 3 years this is the longest I have ever kept a car .. so what does that tell you, My mate has a p300 and loves it

good luck with your choice .. decisions decisions :D
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Hi
Your right
Just got a car wow offer at 19% off including over 5k deposit contribution which brings any 2ltr into budget

Now what do I do?

Might wait till November and see if convertibles get a winter discount
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You really must drive a V6 and 4 pot before deciding
They really are not the same car.
Just my opinion but I’m sure a late model 300 will drop like a stone in the next 12 months.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

If you’re buying new my dealer has told me the ‘last call’ for current cars was this week. Any future orders will get the face lifted car, which hasn’t officially been released, which seems a little strange to me. If true, possibly no V6?
scm

Post by scm »

GusA wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:01 pm If you’re buying new my dealer has told me the ‘last call’ for current cars was this week. Any future orders will get the face lifted car, which hasn’t officially been released, which seems a little strange to me. If true, possibly no V6?
and a BMW V8 turbo ... :(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

scm wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:03 pm
GusA wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:01 pm If you’re buying new my dealer has told me the ‘last call’ for current cars was this week. Any future orders will get the face lifted car, which hasn’t officially been released, which seems a little strange to me. If true, possibly no V6?
and a BMW V8 turbo ... :(
Perhaps they will be putting the new straight 6 engine in the F Type ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post