Just my experience

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

Anybody had any dealings with this company BEWARE, they took my payment and after two weeks told me the part had to come from the USA so I’d have to wait. They said that I could cancel my order if I didn’t want to wait but when I tried, nothing - no more communication or response to my emails and their phone number is just an answer phone asking you to leave a message. Fortunately my card provider was able to get my money back. I was lucky but BEWARE. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derivative

Post by Derivative »

If it was a credit card you paid with, the credit card company are equally liable. It wouldn't matter if they got the money back or not, they would be obliged themselves to pay you back.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Derivative wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:36 pm If it was a credit card you paid with, the credit card company are equally liable. It wouldn't matter if they got the money back or not, they would be obliged themselves to pay you back.
Assuming you paid over £100 per item and not total order. Banks and cc companies vary in how they play the game.
In general always worth paying internet orders via cc (not debit card as it’s not the same)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

I paid by debit card so didn’t rally expect to get anything back. I was impressed (and relieved) how the bank HSBC handled it. It has changed my way of thinking as regards on line purchasing.

Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Debit cards are covered by the banks voluntary 'chargeback' scheme which is not enshrined in legislation unlike the Consumer Credit Act which covers credit cards.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

Interesting information and lessen well learned. Thanks for the information guys.

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Derivative wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:22 am Debit cards are covered by the banks voluntary 'chargeback' scheme which is not enshrined in legislation unlike the Consumer Credit Act which covers credit cards.
Agreed - it’s voluntary whereas cc is not
Moral is to pay for everything by cc and pay the card off at the end of the month.
For added information the bank is even responsible for guarantees and warranties if the seller refuses or is bankrupt. Useful when you buy say a pc and find the shop has gone
Complicated area - I know as I used to run the disputes division of a large cc company many years ago.
My worst case was somebody paid £250 deposit for a timeshare on cc, remaining c£5k by transfer from an unrelated bank. Never built and had to repay the full £5k
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post