Moved to pastures new.

Anything F-Type related......
JohnGB

Post by JohnGB »

After just shy of 3 years in my care, I decided I to have a change of steed.

F-Type.jpg

The problem of course was what to change to ?

Few cars have the drop-dead-gorgeous looks of the F-Type, and the sound when on song is intoxicating. The admiring looks and positive comments it received wherever I went was nice. I'm fairly certain they weren't aimed at the driver...........

I didn't want a Porsche (never really been a fan of them), Astons look and sound good but the running costs, particularly of second hand ones, scared me off somewhat and more exotic fare were way beyond my means. I did have a test drive in the new BMW Z4, but it just didn't really do anything for me.

So what did I end up with ?.

Cup250.jpg

A LOTUS Elise 250 CUP.

Totally different to the F-Type of course, which is probably a good thing, I didn't really see the point in swapping for something similar to the F-Type anyway.

At just a year old with 2000 miles, it looks and drives like new. Smaller, lighter and nimbler than the F-Type, but no were near as comfortable on longer journeys.

I would just like thank all the forum members for their posts, help and comments over the last few years. I'll still pop in occasionally to keep up with events, and who knows, I may well return to the fold in a few years.

Cheers

John
Stratus Grey V6S AWD Convertable, Black Pack, Tornado Wheels, Ivory Performance Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. - Gone but not forgotten.

lewihoga

Post by lewihoga »

Congrats!

Did you lose much on the F-type?
JohnGB

Post by JohnGB »

The loss wasn't too bad, not brilliant but manageable.

I bought the F-Type at 18 months old so the previous owner took the greatest hit, just over 2K per month, eek :shock:, my monthly hit was just under £700 a month, bad enough but that's the penalty for running this type of vehicle and I don't regret it for a moment.

I've been lucky enough to be able to buy and run an F-Type and it put a smile :) :) :) on my face every time I drove it, so worth the price.

As they say, 'You can't take it with you'.

John
Stratus Grey V6S AWD Convertable, Black Pack, Tornado Wheels, Ivory Performance Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. - Gone but not forgotten.
NCC

Post by NCC »

JohnGB wrote:
As they say, 'You can't take it with you'.

John
Spot on and pretty much my reply to anyone questioning my sanity regarding cars. Although, to be fair, they might have a point [emoji6]

You’ll love the Elise. Huge fun and very, very different to the F-Type [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
JohnGB

Post by JohnGB »

Having driven sports cars for 40 years now, people stopped questioning my sanity a long time ago, they knew I was nuts.... :lol:, I suspect the fact that I spend quite a bit of time cleaning, polishing and detailing my cars just cemented their opinion.

I have to say I am looking forward to the better weather next year so I can start to really enjoy it. Rear wheel drive, semi-slick tyres, 'bum scraping on ground' ride height probably isn't the best winter combination, particularly compared to my F-Type which was the AWD version, had heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen, quite a nice place to be on a cold winters day.

I'm probably going to do the Lotus Driving Academy course next year as well to learn how to drive it properly.

John