Spec lookup function

Anything F-Type related......
djtex

Post by djtex »

Thanks everso for the reply, I can’t reply to your message, it doesn’t give me any options. Any ideas?
MY18 V8 Coupe R, British Racing Green, Panoramic Roof, Climate Pack 2, Black Pack, Meridian Surround

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

djtex wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:00 pm Thanks everso for the reply, I can’t reply to your message, it doesn’t give me any options. Any ideas?
Got your PM and reg. When you send a PM it stays in your outbox until the recipient reads it.
Will check and reply tomorrow AM.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi All,

As most of the regulars on here are aware, I have the ability to convert a UK Jaguar reg plate into a VIN number to allow potential buyers to get the service history and TopiX information for a vehicle without having to visit the car or ask the seller for the VIN. I do this to help potential buyers find the right car for them as when I was looking I found it minefield of misinformation. All the information found is publicly available but not everyone knows how to find it hence I do this as goodwill for the F-Type community.

The spec lookup currently includes:
- Reg to VIN
- VIN to Reg (where possible for adverts not displaying reg plates)
- Reg Lookup (for adverts where reg is not displayed)
- Service History
- Topix information, outstanding campaigns, spec sheets and features
- "O" plate information
- Customised Google Search History for the car
- MOT History (where applicable)

All of the above comes with the disclaimer:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The author, that's me by the way!!, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this data. The information contained within is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy or usefulness.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can now offer a new "feature" of the "spec lookup" function which I can offer for free. This might have to change going forwards.
The new feature is a query to find whether the car was previously stolen. The results come back as follows.

Sample - Reg, VIN and other information removed:

pnc.png

OR if on Police National Computer
Sample - VIN, Phone number and all other information removed:

stolen.png

Hope this new function is useful.
SimpleR
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Excellent stuff and I'm sure people are very grateful for the help you give in your own time.
The PNC info is very good too.
It's about time simple things like whether the vehicle has been reported stolen could be accessed by trusted organisations rather than all the fannying around that had to be gone through in the past.
Keep up the good work!
:D
basher

Post by basher »

Nice one SimpleR.

Is it worth making this "service" a sticky post?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

New Feature Under Development
--------------------------------------------------------

When a car is in an accident and deemed to be beyond economical repair because of costs, the insurance company should declare this to the DVLA under one of six categories.

cat.PNG

I am running some tests currently, but as long as the insurance process was followed the insurance marker on the car should be retrievable for free.

Only seems to work if it is recorded as C, D, N or S. Alarmingly there are quite a few that are not recorded on DVLA database even though are being sold by auction houses online - perhaps it takes a while for them to get registered.

Will continue to investigate but will include in spec/history checks going forwards.
gf15

Post by gf15 »

Hi simpleR,
Alas I am unable to PM you as I am a new member, is there any other way to send you my reg number?
Thank you,
Garret.
gf15 with 2015 v6s coupe. :mrgreen:
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

gf15 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:20 am Hi simpleR,
Alas I am unable to PM you as I am a new member, is there any other way to send you my reg number?
Thank you,
Garret.
Merry Xmas all. I've sent you a PM you can reply too. Will be 29th December before I can reply though
gf15

Post by gf15 »

Hi simpleR,
I am too new to even respond to your pm.
My reg is RE15EUN.
Cheers,
Garret
gf15 with 2015 v6s coupe. :mrgreen:
danmachin

Post by danmachin »

Hi - is there any chance you could look this up for me please? I would really appreciate it, it is very helpful. I can pm you the registration number if that’s ok? If you are sick of it feel free to say no though!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post