Engine/transmission amber light

Anything F-Type related......
Jeasby

Post by Jeasby »

Hi. Advice wanted please.

My engine/transmission light came on yesterday. The car definitely didn’t feel normal yesterday afternoon. Almost as if it was missing a beat and seems to have lost power. The light has come on solid on the dash and occasionally flashes. It’s just got 30k miles on the clock and fully serviced by jaguar. I’ve had it for 11 months and comes with a 24 month RAC warranty. I didn’t buy from Jaguar, but from a show room in Sheffield area.
1. Any ideas what it could be?
2. Is it safe to drive to the garage to plug into the computer system?
3. Will the RAC warranty likely to cover the issue? The policy states I have to take it to an approved garage (not the jaguar garage, that’s 2 miles from me).
I filled it with shell v power last night to see if it made a difference/clear the problem, but to no avail.

Cheers Jason
2015 FType, R design body kit and skirts. Salsa Red
Love it!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If the IML is amber and lit then it should be ok to drive as long as there are no abnormal noises. I had it come on a few months back and new O2 sensors were required. I drove mine for a few days with no issues.

If constantly flashing, red light or strange noises or difficulty starting then don't drive and call breakdown.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post