Some good News for JLR

Anything F-Type related......
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Looking at the stock prices of some of the manufacturer's, I learnt that JLR was the largest profit contributer to Tata Motor's balance sheet. THis is good new s for the brand - Jaguar in particular.
On the other hand, Aston Martin has about $900M or bn in debt maturing early next year which they have to re-finance.
Ferrari continues to shoot out the lights !
Just some market news.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I would not take it being the most profitable part of Tara as significant. It’s clear they need a global partner to continue and with Tata’s woes it makes it ideal to sell off to support core business
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Tata's cash injection years ago into Jaguar made it what it is today. The F Type or CX75 would have never existed were it not for "money".
The chances of JLR listing independently are slim and probably not the best move. What are the alternatives ? Talk was acquisition by Peugeot. Obvioudly that's not gonna happen with the Peugeot and Fiat Merger.
I'll be quite content if JLR remains linked to a cash flush parent like Tata or even Mercedes (not BMW, VW or heavens forbid FORD!)
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It needs a much bigger manufacturing partner to be long term viable
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post