Service Costs

Anything F-Type related......
LozFType

Post by LozFType »

I've bought an F Type that is 5 years old and just coming up for it's first service under my care. Quoted over £600 by the Jag dealer which is way more than my last car (a Lotus). I know the car is more sophisticated but this seems excessive. The garage said it is a major service at 5 years and that is the reason why. Can other owners give me an idea if this is a reasonable charge or if the garage is taking the p***. Thanks

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Try looking up Jaguar website for ownership : servicing : fixed price, see if your dealer is participating.

Looks like a major should be £445 then you may have brake fluid for 65

Or at 5 years old look around for an approved independent.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scm

Post by scm »

Second vote for a decent independent. Tell us roughly where you're located and maybe someone can recommend one.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I’d say independent if you plan to keep the car a while

Assuming it has full jaguar service history then I’d say main dealer if car was a 1-2year toy

As above, most offer a fixed price scheme £450ish, I wouldn’t be paying above that

Also at 5 years they may try and sting you for the spark plugs so watch out for that - they’ve already sent me my advisory saying they are due in Jan, I’ll pass considering car has done 17k miles but will pull out and have a look at threads to make sure none are seizing
LozFType

Post by LozFType »

Thanks for your replies guys. I live in Coventry, West Midlands. My car is low mileage 15,000.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

I’m in Coventry as well Loz, so is Jagman100 (Steve)

Guy Salmon Coventry are on the fixed price scheme, at 15k I’d opt out of spark plugs

Hopefully see you around, whats your car spec?
LozFType

Post by LozFType »

Hi dbv6s
Mine is an F-TYPE 380ps AWD Conv. Thanks for your advice. Do you or Jagman attend any of the local Jag Club events? I'm happy to buy a couple of local F-Type owners a beer if I can pick their brains.
Regards
Loz
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Hi Loz,
We normally go to the Jaguar Breakfast Club meet at a Gaydon first Saturday of each month (weather permitting) and then poodle over to C&M, you’re very welcome to come along anytime,

Kind regards,

Steve
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
LozFType

Post by LozFType »

I presume the breakfast club meets this Saturday? 10am by the look of it. I'll try and fit it into a busy schedule and hopefully meet you guys.

Best regards

Loz
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Breakfast club is usually the first Saturday in the month which will be 7th December
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post