Car ordered

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Quick post to say hello, just ordered new f type today (ie to the new spec). Only the 2litre engine (!). Just need to confirm colour, like the fuji white, or otherwise the portfino blue. I prefer the white but the wife the blue. Not seen the car in the blue so difficult to decide, any thoughts?

Also, have specced the spare wheel, but thinking now this is pointless as unlikely to be able to change myself or carry the punctured wheel anywhere to get fixed.
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club. Spare wheel is a bit pointless, as you say, as it takes up a lot of space in the boot (no underfloor well for it to sit in!) and carrying the punctured wheel will be problematic. I had a front tyre puncture in my previous XKR and only just managed to get the wheel in the boot, and that boot is bigger than the F-Type's. I'd have struggled to carry a rear wheel, though, probably have to wrap it in a sheet and put it on the front seat! Just call Jaguar Assist! ;)

Colour-wise it's tricky to advise as we're all different, I bought used so had limited choice of colours and am very happy with my (rather expensive) Yulong White. I do like blue, though and have had two blue Jaguars in the past (XK8 and XKR).

Good luck with the decision, but rest assured that the F-Type looks pretty good in any colour. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Thanks for quick reply. I'm really a keen Volvo owner and the Volvo club forum is superb, so very much looking forward to this being the same. I'll try and avoid any what I think are daft questions,like "what colour should I have" - oh dear, too late!!

I think I've included most options (other than the ridiculous expensive ones), even park assist which I doubt I'll ever use (don't in my current cars anyway).

Despite this facelift model only launched this week, the dealer has given me what I hope is a fair discount, I think the sales manager wants the kudos of placing the first order! It won't cover the first days depreciation of course, but it's only money ..
scm

Post by scm »

No such thing as a daft question, although some questions don't deserve an answer! :D
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Agree on no spare wheel. You’ll limit carrying to a credit card and toothbrush ...
For new cars I always considered the colour used predominantly in publicity is the right one. Those folks know what works best with the lines
That said it’s your choice, but personally I’ve always seen whites as a safe choice and not exciting
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 am... I’ve always seen whites as a safe choice and not exciting
A white F-Type not exciting? Wash your mouth out! :D
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

An opinion only. All very personal
We all favour colour and will decent strongly..

My daughter had to spec an Epace last year and was looking at white. She then considered the blue and red, opting for red (Firenze iirc). She’s clear to me that seeing the white ePace on the road it looks like a company car and delighted she was ‘brave’ :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The coupe is a car that does look good in white with the black pack. I did have this down as one of the 3 choices when ordering mine (IRR and Firesand were the alternatives, neither of which now exist).

The spare wheel option isn't a bad idea as it's much cheaper than buying it afterwards and you don't need to leave it in the car, as someone could bring it out to you from home and buying a separate goo bottle is cheaper than a spare wheel. I had a puncture, but luckily was very near home so didn't need to use the goo. I left the car on a trolley jack (not ideal) whilst I took the wheel in for repair. However, the hole was too close to the sidewall to be repaired, so had to order a new tyre and go back again the next day with the wheel for fitting. A spare wheel would have been useful.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Thanks to all for comments. I think what's driving me on having a spare or not is how to carry the punctured wheel afterwards. I think I'd be tempted to leave the spare at home anyway. So, not buying a spare will leave me at least with the pump and glue. I note a few spares on ebay if I change my mind later on. Hopefully, if necessary Jaguar Assist will prove to be good!

On colour, I wouldn't have chosen white, but the one in the showroom looked great (see attached) - under showroom lights and without road dirt of course. Part of the decision was whether we would have gone in for our first preference of the lighter interior, which doesn't look good with white exterior, but would have in the blue. Anyway, as we can't now order the lighter roof lining, we've decided to stick with the black, hence my dilemma of going white or blue. Part of my thinking is that I don't want to be too much of a poser (what, with an F type I hear you ask!), the portfino blue might look too understated, but the white more of a standout without being too brash.

Anyway, colour is all about how we all see things, so I know I'm on my own!

2019-12-04 17.15.07.jpg

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

There is only one colour. OOps sorry I would say that wouldn't I.

20190702_160236.jpg

2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.