Hi Everyone

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Finally got to have a look and found the service menu... and the value... 0 miles.

Looked at the online service history and that says 16000 miles/1 year service performed at the correct mileage for the car.

So guess it just needs the indicator reset... surprised there's no message on the dash when I turn on the ignition. Not likely to get to a dealer anytime soon, can this be done yourself does it have to be done with a connected computer?
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Love forums

Found scm's post, thanks!

The service reset can be done within the car by judicious use of ignition on (no engine start), opening the bonnet and depressing both pedals (assuming the auto box) fully for 10 seconds, then ignition off and close the bonnet, no tneed for Jaguar or third party equipment.

Which worked a treat.

Oil Service now 16150 miles.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scm

Post by scm »

Excellent! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

While i had the bonnet open, checked the oil too, just incase... was perfectly on the high marker.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

steviegtr wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:45 am I just bought a cheap one from local car acc shop. Only worry is that I had a car cover over a 911 & it seemed to collect the damp in the garage. Not a problem now as I have a dehumidifier running all the time. Suppose I am lucky now in that I have a garage made from insulated panels, so the damp is minimal. Even thinking of putting a greenhouse heater under the car for the winter to stop any possible corrosion. Roll on the spring so I can go snap crackle & pop.
Hi Steve, yes I noticed how damp the car was just sitting in the garage, Ok it was 0 deg outside but I could see how it had not dried since putting it in.

I want to get the garaged insulated and then a heater, but think a good dehumidifier is definitely next on the cards, before the cover.

Have some good carbon gel packs in the cabin for now, to keep the inside dry.
scm

Post by scm »

Philskill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 am While i had the bonnet open, checked the oil too, just incase... was perfectly on the high marker.
Did you close the bonnet in the approved manner? From the front, both hands pushing in the centre, as shown in the manual .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Oh yes, it was the only thing the dealer showed me how to do really, fairly obvious if you are a bit mechanically sympathetic, twisting that bonnet is never going to end well.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Yep, those aluminium panels don’t take much to twist or dent.

These images show the hailstone damage caused on a F-Type (circled in red).

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Ouch! Was that uk, I've seen damage like that in Australia.