Jaguar Track Day - Castle Combe - 20th March 2020

Club Meetings and Events
mikemsm999

Post by mikemsm999 »

If anyone is interested, this is always a great day with a really friendly bunch, no pressure to go fast, and no idiots trying to race in you clapped out old Fiesta's or Enterprise Rent-A-Car specials!

They have instructors available to help get you used to the track and give advice, and even if you don't want to track your car there are fast passenger rides available with Swallow Racing (try to get Tom Robinson to take you out, he is quick to say the least!).

Its an all day event with a few traders and sponsors stands, show and shine with Meguiars , plus its a car meet not just a track day now - turn up/ come and go as you please (more like a breakfast club type of meet).

This is open to all, no need to be a member of any club, and entry is FREE - you only pay if you want to take your car on the track.

Myself and a few friends are going in a combination of F-Type's, XKR's & XJR, so hope to see some of you there.

More info here: https://events.jec.org.uk/events/jec-tr ... ircuit-1-1

You don't have to book in advance, you can book power laps on the day but they can sell out so probably best to pre-book if you want guaranteed track time.
F-Type V6 S Convertible, Polaris White, Extended Leather Pack, Performance Interior, Storm Alloy Wheels, Rusty Rear Cross-member!

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

I did this last year and have to say it was very friendly and relaxed.
It was also a great way to take your F Type on track without worrying someone else would hit you as everyone was well behaved and all overtakes had to be agreed (moving over and signalling).
My only issue is there's not a lot of run-off if you leave the track so explore the limits with care. However, as a first track day I would thoroughly recommend it.
Dry weather in March may be a big ask!
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

It's not far from me, I'll try and get there. I won't track mine though, the temptation to go real fast and explore the limits would be too much, not to mention the tyre and brake cost.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
lionfish

Post by lionfish »

is this still on?
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

No - it's been postponed
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
lionfish

Post by lionfish »