what constitutes high mileage?

Anything F-Type related......
Angusweir

Post by Angusweir »

How many miles is too high to consider buying a cheap(ish) f type? Anyone driving a high mileage vehicle and any problems?

In the old days 30K miles was high - my old company car (20 years ago) had no issues after 100K, but what would people think for an f-type now a days?

thanks for thoughts

scm

Post by scm »

My 2004 XKR was over 98,000 miles when I swapped it out and it was going strong. I have no reason to think an F-Type couldn't at least match that. With proper maintenance modern Jags will run forever!

Regarding buying used, I'd say that a car that's been driven is a better buy than one that's been stuck in a garage and rarely used since things deteriorate when not used frequently. I'd expect 10,000 miles a year to be "normal" and most F-Types will be below that.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Siy

Post by Siy »

agree a car thats been driven can be a better long termer than a garage queen.. I am currently looking to buy an FType, and would probably suggest 35-40k miles my cutoff
F-Type V8S Convertible, H&R Performance Springs dropping 30mm, 15mm Spacers and plenty of carbon! :)
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

For a car like the F type i would say around 5k a year is a "nice" mileage.10k,is too much in the eyes of resale and value,not that i agree its just the way it is.

Mines a Dec 14 and has just turned 24k,which i would say is "low",despite it being used every day.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

My 2013 is on 53k. Passed its 5th mot on Monday and no advisories.
Never missed a beat, can see no reason it can’t run to 200k and looks in better condition than many 3 year old models.

Too much weighting is applied purely on low mileage. Good servicing and care matters more..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
gf15

Post by gf15 »

Oh bugger. I will do 20k a year as my daily driver. Last 2 cars (BMW650 & BMW740) I ran for 9 years and 6 years respectively, both ending up with over 200k miles. Both ran perfectly and neither used any oil when I changed them. The 650 in particular was a star, it would still be accellerating hard when the speed limiter kicked in. Drove beautifully and was probably one of the better examples out there.
Plan is to run the V6s to the same mileage. Properly maintained, these cars should be good for 250k miles (I hope).
Proper proactive maintenance is key.
gf15 with 2015 v6s coupe. :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post